Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > ReportViewer and Publish Options

ReportViewer and Publish Options

Bill44077

Hi,

I have an asp.net web app in which we are using the ReportViewer. It works
great in VS2005 but I found that when I publish the website using VS2005 as
long as I use "Allow this precompiled site to be updateable" everything works
fine. If I publish without this option checked as I'd like to use not
updateable and "Use fixed naming and single page assemblies" the report will
not run and I get this error:

An error occurred during local report processing.
The definition of the report 'Main Report' is invalid.
The report definition is not valid. Details: Data at the root level is
invalid. Line 1, position 1.

I get the same error if I uncheck the "Use fixed naming and single page
assemblies" as well. Probably just something I don't understand, but I would
think that you could use any of the Options on the Publishing mode and they
would all work.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Bill