Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Custom UpdatePanel - ASP.NET 2.0 and Client Callback

Custom UpdatePanel - ASP.NET 2.0 and Client Callback

ThunderMusic

Hi,
I want to develop an ASP 2.0 Web control that would be just like an update
panel (to use with a tab control), so when the user makes a request, the
content of the page is loaded dynamicly without the need of a postback...
Client callback seems right in the situation except for one thing... How
can I register javascript from custom controls when using the client
callback feature? I mean, I can send all the render result through an
HTMLWriter, but How will I get the new javascript to render?

I've made some controls using this technique of rendering the content in an
HTML Writer then send the result string back to the javascript so it can
update a div (change it's innerHTML) in the page (a custom ad rotator)...
but I never managed to render the javascript from the customs controls as
well... Am I missing something? Is my technic the right one that should be
used?

Cna someone help me solve this problem please? at least, find a trace of
solution which I could dig from...

thanks

ThunderMusic

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

this should be in your serializer. you can send javascript source down
easily, you just need to tag what is html, and what is javascript.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"ThunderMusic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O28r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I want to develop an ASP 2.0 Web control that would be just like an update
> panel (to use with a tab control), so when the user makes a request, the
> content of the page is loaded dynamicly without the need of a postback...
> Client callback seems right in the situation except for one thing... How
> can I register javascript from custom controls when using the client
> callback feature? I mean, I can send all the render result through an
> HTMLWriter, but How will I get the new javascript to render?
>
> I've made some controls using this technique of rendering the content in
> an HTML Writer then send the result string back to the javascript so it
> can update a div (change it's innerHTML) in the page (a custom ad
> rotator)... but I never managed to render the javascript from the customs
> controls as well... Am I missing something? Is my technic the right one
> that should be used?
>
> Cna someone help me solve this problem please? at least, find a trace of
> solution which I could dig from...
>
> thanks
>
> ThunderMusic

ThunderMusic

thanks for your answer... Do you have an example? (or a link?) Will it work
with all custom servers or will I have to make my own to send this
javascript?

thanks again

"bruce barker (sqlwork.com)" <(E-Mail Removed)> a
écrit dans le message de news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
> this should be in your serializer. you can send javascript source down
> easily, you just need to tag what is html, and what is javascript.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>
> "ThunderMusic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O28r$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>> I want to develop an ASP 2.0 Web control that would be just like an
>> update panel (to use with a tab control), so when the user makes a
>> request, the content of the page is loaded dynamicly without the need of
>> a postback... Client callback seems right in the situation except for one
>> thing... How can I register javascript from custom controls when using
>> the client callback feature? I mean, I can send all the render result
>> through an HTMLWriter, but How will I get the new javascript to render?
>>
>> I've made some controls using this technique of rendering the content in
>> an HTML Writer then send the result string back to the javascript so it
>> can update a div (change it's innerHTML) in the page (a custom ad
>> rotator)... but I never managed to render the javascript from the customs
>> controls as well... Am I missing something? Is my technic the right one
>> that should be used?
>>
>> Cna someone help me solve this problem please? at least, find a trace of
>> solution which I could dig from...
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> ThunderMusic

ThunderMusic

I meant custom controls (not custom servers)

news:%233J%(E-Mail Removed)...