Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Question to CreateUserWizard and database

Question to CreateUserWizard and database

Stefan Gsundbrunn

Hi,

I?m "new" to ASP.NET and try to develop my first app. Currently I?m
testing with CreateUserWizard and feel comfortable to use it - but....

Usually I use to have databases like developersDiary.mdf (naming
conventions: db names like the applications name) and not like ASPNETDB.MDF.

How can I tell my application that it should use an existing DB and not
to create a ASPNETDB with creating the first user?

And / or (if using a different db is not possible) how can I solve the
following issue:

with creating a user I want to write the given UserId (and certain other
values from the wizard) to another table in my app.

I googled a lot around and didn?t find a usable information.

Thanks for your help!

Stefan