Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Sometimes error in same page

Sometimes error in same page

Sorin Sandu

I have a simple page with a grid on it based on a stored procedure
Sometimes I get this error :
Request timed out.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

How can I resolve this ?

Hans Kesting

"Sorin Sandu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a simple page with a grid on it based on a stored procedure
> Sometimes I get this error :
> Request timed out.
>
> Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.
>
> Source Error:

> current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
>

> Stack Trace:
>

> [HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]
>

> How can I resolve this ?

"Something" seems to take a lot of time.

You can set Tracing on to see how long the various processingsteps take.
(you might need to add a few tracing statements)

First points to check, based on your short description:
* How complicated is the stored procedure (read: how long does it take) ?
* How big is the dataset returned? (number of rows, size of row)
* Is viewstate on or off? (viewstate combined with grid can lead to large html output!)

Hans Kesting