Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Panel Border Problems

Panel Border Problems

mianiro@gmail.com

Anyone ever have issues with the Panel control and its borders? The
Borders do not always paint for me. I will have half a side painted
while the other is not at all. Is this a bug ?

Brennan Stehling

The panel places a DIV tag around the enclosed area. When I have seen
the border not show up it has been due to the width being 100%. This
could be a browser bug. I just saw it in Firefox yesterday. What you
can try is changing the width to 95% or even 99.99% just so that it
makes room for the border.

Also, instead of setting the border properties on the Panel, I suggest
setting the CssClass property and then use CSS to set the border around
the area. That way you can use the CssClass value in many places and
control the style from a central location.

Brennan Stehling
http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/