Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > The radio on your 802,11 network adapter is still disabled.

The radio on your 802,11 network adapter is still disabled.

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

Hello,

THis is the message I receive when trying to enable the radio in settings

"THe radio on your 802.11 network adapter is still disabled. Use the
hardware radio control switch to enable it"

What does this mean? Do I have to open up my laptop and move a sweotch on my
internal adapter card?
You'r help with this would help me out a lot!!!

BobC

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:45:06 -0700, Paul wrote:

> Hello,
>
> THis is the message I receive when trying to enable the radio in settings
>
> "THe radio on your 802.11 network adapter is still disabled. Use the
> hardware radio control switch to enable it"
>
> What does this mean? Do I have to open up my laptop and move a sweotch on my
> internal adapter card?
> You'r help with this would help me out a lot!!!

Mnay laptops have a little on/off switch fo rthe wireless radio located
somewhere on the side/front/back of the computer. Others incorporate this
switch in their wireless utility software. Check out your computer's user
manual to find out where it is and turn it on.

__spc__

"BobC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:45:06 -0700, Paul wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> THis is the message I receive when trying to enable the radio in settings
>>
>> "THe radio on your 802.11 network adapter is still disabled. Use the
>> hardware radio control switch to enable it"
>>
>> What does this mean? Do I have to open up my laptop and move a sweotch on
>> my
>> internal adapter card?
>> You'r help with this would help me out a lot!!!

> Mnay laptops have a little on/off switch fo rthe wireless radio located
> somewhere on the side/front/back of the computer. Others incorporate this
> switch in their wireless utility software. Check out your computer's user
> manual to find out where it is and turn it on.

Yup - on my laptop, F2 has a WiFI icon on it, and FN+F2 enables/disables it.
Took me a while to suss this out too...

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

Thank you for this advice!!! The FN key with the F2 key is what made the
radio turn on. It is working great.!!

Paul

"Paul" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> THis is the message I receive when trying to enable the radio in settings
>
> "THe radio on your 802.11 network adapter is still disabled. Use the
> hardware radio control switch to enable it"
>
> What does this mean? Do I have to open up my laptop and move a sweotch on my
> internal adapter card?
> You'r help with this would help me out a lot!!!

Sparky

This is awesome. I have spent days trying to figure out what happened. My
problem happened out of seemingly nowhere, could not connect to the wireless
on my Latitude D810.
A few other things happened at the same time like the directories were all
screwed up and I finanlly went back to a previous setting.
It would be helpful to catalogue and this one back up the thread. If I
could have found this earlier, it would have saved me a lot of aggrevation.
Thanks!
Sparky