Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Visual Development of Web Controls for SharePoint

Visual Development of Web Controls for SharePoint

Mike

we are beginning to work with sharepoint. I have a book that documents how
to code server controls. I see in visual studio 2005 that there are
componets to create web parts. Can I use these componets to develop web
parts for share point 2.0 and if so how do I get them, with the code behind,
into sharepoint?

Mark E. Hansen

On 10/27/06 07:47, Mike wrote:
> we are beginning to work with sharepoint. I have a book that documents how
> to code server controls. I see in visual studio 2005 that there are
> componets to create web parts. Can I use these componets to develop web
> parts for share point 2.0 and if so how do I get them, with the code behind,
> into sharepoint?

Making a web part involves implementing a lot of interface methods. There
is a pretty neat shortcut out there called the Smart Part which makes this
all quite easy - and it includes a pretty nice tutorial:

<http://weblogs.asp.net/jan/archive/2005/12/01/432020.aspx>

I hope this is what you're looking for.

Christopher Reed

I don't believe that you can create Web Part controls from ASP.NET 2.0 for
WSS 2.0. WSS 2 still has itself own Web Parts controls, while the ASP.NET
2.0 Web Parts are more for WSS 3.0. As for the control itself, you create
the control like any other custom control and then add the DLL/Namespace to
your SharePoint site/application (assuming that you're using WSS 3).

I'm not if this helps. If you can provide more information as to what
you're trying to accomplish, maybe I (and others) can provide you with more
information.
--
Christopher A. Reed

news:(E-Mail Removed)...