Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > localization for all MS web controls

localization for all MS web controls

David Thielen

Hi;

Does anyone know of a set of localization files that localizes all the MS
web controls for various languages? I'ld much prefer that to localizing them
ourselves, both because it saves us time/money and because then we will be
using the exact same words that other sites use so it's a standard.

Otherwise it ends up that half the sites use login and half use logon (in
another language).

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Dave,

So far I haven't heard about such a resource library which provide complete
set of well-done localized resource files for the built-in webcontrols in
ASP.NET. What we can do so far is use the VS 2005 IDE to create the resx
resource file with placeholder entries in it. And we still need to input
the localized text values (translated according to language) ourself.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

David Thielen