Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Help! Menu control not rendering properly on production

Help! Menu control not rendering properly on production

Kevin

Hi,
I am using a standard ASP.NET 2.0 menu control on a master page. On my
development box it works fine, but when I deploy it to my production box it
renders on standard links. The only difference I can find is in the naming
convention of the inline stylesheet created on the fly by the control. Below
is an example from both machines:

Development:
.ctl00_mKIG_Trader_0 {
background-color:white;visibility:hidden;display:none;positio n:absolute;left:0px;top:0px; }

Prodution:
._ctl0_mKIG_Trader_0 {
background-color:white;visibility:hidden;display:none;positio n:absolute;left:0px;top:0px; }

It seems that on my production box the style name starts with an "_" and in
development it starts with a "c". When I manually remove the "_" it works.
But I can't seems to make it automatically name it without the "_". The
brower (IE6) seems to ignow the style if it begins with an "_". Any help is
appreciated. This problem is driving me crazy.

Thanks,
Kevin

A. Almeida

Hi,
I too have the same problem with the menu control in IE 6.0. If anyone could help us please email to: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).
Thanks,
A. Almeida

Fuzzhead

Hi Kevin,

I am having a similar problem to the one you described. My menus work
perfectly on my test server, but on the production one they don't work.
Did you every figure the problem out?

Thanks.