Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Query is too complex

Query is too complex

Ben de Vette

Hi,

I'm using the querybuilder when updating a record in a table (Access).
However, I get a "Query is too complex" message.

The Primary key is autonumbered.
Why is it making such a complex update query string in stead of using the
primary key?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Darren Clark

can you give an example?

Also i think that maybe this would be better posted on one of the sql
groups.

"Ben de Vette" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the querybuilder when updating a record in a table (Access).
> However, I get a "Query is too complex" message.
>
> The Primary key is autonumbered.
> Why is it making such a complex update query string in stead of using the
> primary key?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ben

Ben de Vette

Darren,

you are right it concerns a SQL statement, but in this case it is the
querybuilder making a very complex sql statement while it can use the
primary key to select the Record.

With kind recards,
Ben

news:(E-Mail Removed)...