Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Design View when using an ASP:Panel to show/hide groups of <tr>'s

Design View when using an ASP:Panel to show/hide groups of <tr>'s

Nathan Sokalski

I have an HTML table in which I am using ASPanel controls to group
together <tr>'s so that I can more easily show/hide them (by setting the
ASPanel's Visible property). This works fine, but Visual Studio .NET
2005's Design View always hides the <tr>'s regardless of whether the
ASPanel's Visible property is set to True, False, or not set at all. Is
there some way I can stop Visual Studio .NET 2005's Design View from hiding
my <tr>'s that are inside ASPanel controls? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Robert Haken [MVP]

>I have an HTML table in which I am using ASPanel controls to group
>together <tr>'s so that I can more easily show/hide them (by setting the
>ASPanel's Visible property). This works fine, but Visual Studio .NET
>2005's Design View always hides the <tr>'s regardless of whether the
>ASPanel's Visible property is set to True, False, or not set at all. Is
>there some way I can stop Visual Studio .NET 2005's Design View from hiding
>my <tr>'s that are inside ASPanel controls? Thanks.

aspanel contol usually renders as <div>...</div> tag. It is not suitable
for hiding <tr>s. Use asplaceHolder, which does not have any wrapping
tags.

Robert Haken [MVP ASP/ASP.NET]
HAVIT, s.r.o., www.havit.cz
http://knowledge-base.havit.cz

Nathan Sokalski

Would I use the asplaceHolder control the same way? I have never used the
asplaceHolder control before. Would my basic tag layout be the following:

<asplaceHolder>
</asplaceHolder>
<asplaceHolder>
</asplaceHolder>