Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > How to write a control that doesn't require a closing tag

How to write a control that doesn't require a closing tag

paul.hester@gmail.com

Hi all,

I've built a custom control that won't contain any inner content. If I
derive the control from Control, then the VS editor will always add the
closing tag when I use the control. I can derive from UserControl and
it doesn't do this, but I'm not sure whether is the best way to do
this.

What is the correct way to make a control that is self-closing (i.e.
doesn't have a closing tag)?

Thanks,

Paul