Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Validation before or after CreateChildControls

Validation before or after CreateChildControls

paul.hester@gmail.com

Hi all,

I have a composite control which is basically a wrapper control for
child controls and validators. It's a little hacky, but I could
previously check from its child validators to see whether the child
controls have passed validation to determine the colors and images to
display.

This was working perfectly previously, but now it appears that
validation is occuring after CreateChildControls. I don't know what I
changed to break this, but it makes the display logic for the custom
container control a lot more complicated.

Do any of you know how to ensure that CreateChildControls occurs after
validation? I've tried calling Page.Validate() separately, but that
appears to require CreateChildControls to complete.

Thanks,

Paul