Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Treeview (Really basic)

Treeview (Really basic)

JayC

hello all,
New programmer to the .net world.

I am working with VS.net 2005 using VB.

So here goes.
I am trying to figure out how the treeview control works from a programming
perspective. I know how to populate it manually with the control properties.
my question revolves around the use of the Node method creating Root-parent
and the children of the parent.
for example
Country (Root)
US (parent)
States (Child)
Ohio (Sub child)
cities
Akron
cleveland
NY
Cities
Hamburg

in sudo code.
Sub
Create the tree object.
go to the root node and populate it.
if root is expanded create the parents
if a parent is expanded create the appropriate children
Endsub

Most of my questions revolve around understanding how to traverse the nodes.

thanks for anyones or everyones help
JayC
New to the .net world.