Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > DESGNTIMESP inserted in HTML Tags in ASP.Net

DESGNTIMESP inserted in HTML Tags in ASP.Net

=?Utf-8?B?Y29kZXIxMA==?=

Two things

1. Why does ASP.Net not respect code formatting for the HTML tags. I mean, when I write my HTML, I try to use appropriate tabs and spaces and lines beween my tags, but when I save and open in Design View and come back, my HTML view loses all its code formatting.

2. ASP.Net has been inserting "DESGNTIMESP" tags in random places in my HTML view, because of which my pages do not look what they are supposed to look like in design view. What are all these extra things ASP.Net is inserting into my HTML view and why does it do that. How do I resolve this. This is very importnat for me to solve this, because I am unable to work with any of aspx pages without losing my tags and formatting and I have to re-write most of my HTML again.

Thanks

George Ter-Saakov

Goto
Tools/Options
Then "Text Editor/Format" uncheck all options there.

VS will still modify your HTML but at the lower pace.
And do not use visual designer to insert controls. Do it manually.

George.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...