Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > cant set skin id to user control embedded in formview

cant set skin id to user control embedded in formview

reiale@gmail.com

Hi,

I understand we need to use page_preinit but the dynamic controls
inside of the form view don't yet exist at that event. I also tried
setting the skinID in the render event of the form view but it is too
late by then.

Lastly, I tried setting the SkinID to a function using the <%= %>
syntax but the function in the user control never gets executed.

How does anyone set the skinID to a user control dynamically if the
control is not part of the page (i.e. dynamically created via
code/container control)?

Thanks!

reiale@gmail.com

Anyone?

> Hi,
>
> I understand we need to use page_preinit but the dynamic controls
> inside of the form view don't yet exist at that event. I also tried
> setting the skinID in the render event of the form view but it is too
> late by then.
>
> Lastly, I tried setting the SkinID to a function using the <%= %>
> syntax but the function in the user control never gets executed.
>
> How does anyone set the skinID to a user control dynamically if the
> control is not part of the page (i.e. dynamically created via
> code/container control)?
>
> Thanks!

reiale@gmail.com

I'm guessing this isn't supported. Obviously there is an issue w/the
event handling. However, I should be able to isolate the user control
and feed it a dynamic skinid prior to rendering.

Anyone?