Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Linksys 802.11 a+g Router

Linksys 802.11 a+g Router

=?Utf-8?B?YnJlbnRyb21lcm8=?=

Configuration:
(CAT5
wired)
modem -> Linksys WRT54GS router -> Linksys PAP2 Phone Adapter
| (wireless) | -> Sony Vaio Laptop
| (G-channel) |
V V
Gateway MCE --> Linksys MCX <-|
| (MCE ->CAT5-> MCX) |
| |
Linksys WPM55A+G NIC ----> A Channel ->|

I've been struggling for weeks to get my Linksys MCX to communicate with my
Gateway MCE 2005 using the 5 GHz channel of my Linksys A + G router NIC.
I've closely followed the Wireless Zero setup and it operates flawlessly for
the modem connection using the 2.4 GHz channel but I still cannot turn on the
A channel.

I can also get the MCX to connect to the MCE using CAT5 to the router & CAT5
to the MCE.

Am I missing something in the esoterica of wireless networking? Does the A
+ G NIC output only one freq at a time? I have all the components in one
room for now trying every different possibility. Should I have gotten an
external A+G wireless router vs the internal NIC?

Thanks in advance....
--
brentromero

=?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=

brentromero,

As far as I know the transmitter and receiver must be on the same frequency
to communicate.

"A" cannot talk to "G" and "G" cannot talk to "A" (diff freqs).

A single radio can only be set to TX and RX on one frequency at a time.

Put them all on G or all on A

My two cents.

Bryan