Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Add a control to a treenode. TreeView

Add a control to a treenode. TreeView

Jerry C

I need to add controls to the nodes of a asp.net 2.0 treeview.
I have found this article in c# I am using VB.

http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscct...wnTreeView.asp

pointing me to other articles and information would be a great help.

Thank you
--
Jerry

Alessandro Zifiglio

What you are looking at is an example on how to customize a winForms
treeview. Its pretty useless to you =P

There is no out of the box functionality that allows you to customize each
node with a control of your chosing. You will need to inherit the treeview
and override the original rendering, maybe exposing a template property
either for each node or one for the entire control that is repeated for
everynode. Either way, you need to be familiar with custom controls
development.

Regards,
Alessandro Zifiglio
http://www.AsyncUI.net

"Jerry C" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to add controls to the nodes of a asp.net 2.0 treeview.
> I have found this article in c# I am using VB.
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscct...wnTreeView.asp
>
> pointing me to other articles and information would be a great help.
>
> Thank you
> --
> Jerry

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your post.

As Alessandro said, the TreeView in ASP.NET 2.0 doesn't have built-in
support for customize node type.

You may try to search for some commercial TreeView controls to see if it
have this feature. Some TreeView controls can let you use HTML source to
add as a TreeView node.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Add control to TreeView tcncc ASP .Net 0 04-14-2009 09:48 AM
this.Controls.Add(Control) Does Not Add Control to child collection (this.Controls.Count == 0) Chad Scharf ASP .Net 3 10-18-2007 03:53 PM
How to use Javascript to add Treeview control Peter ASP .Net 3 11-03-2005 10:01 AM
Issue with a custom TreeView derived from the TreeView control Ionutz ASP .Net Web Controls 2 10-23-2005 03:23 PM
Add Controls within Treeview Control asp.net v2.0 sudhaoncyberworld@gmail.com ASP .Net Web Controls 1 08-10-2005 10:51 AM

Advertisments