Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Can't install iewebcontrols.msi - error "webctrl_client is unavailable"

Can't install iewebcontrols.msi - error "webctrl_client is unavailable"

Viking Man

I try to install iewebcontrols.msi on my XP Pofessional system, which I
downloaded from here
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en)

I go through accepting the licence and get an error:
"The specified path http://latitude/webctrl_client is unavailable. The
Internet Information Server might not be running or the path exists and is
redirected to another machine. Please check the status of this virtual
directory in the Internet Information Server."

I went Control Panel - Admin Tools - Internet Information Services but
there is no sign of webctrl_client. IIS seems to be running OK.

Mark Fitzpatrick

Are you trying to get the version that is used for Content Management
Server? If not, you might try the version of the web controls at:
http://www.asp.net/IEWebControls/Dow...ndex=0&tabid=1

If I remember correctly, this is actually the full source version (which
includes a batch file for compilation). You'll need to copy the
webctrl_client directory under the wwwroot (or create a virtual directory to
the files) in order for the controls to run properly.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

"Viking Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.tchv67qrqhp4q6@latitude...
I try to install iewebcontrols.msi on my XP Pofessional system, which I
downloaded from here
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en)

I go through accepting the licence and get an error:
"The specified path http://latitude/webctrl_client is unavailable. The
Internet Information Server might not be running or the path exists and is
redirected to another machine. Please check the status of this virtual
directory in the Internet Information Server."

I went Control Panel - Admin Tools - Internet Information Services but
there is no sign of webctrl_client. IIS seems to be running OK.

Viking Man

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 00:01:22 +0100, Mark Fitzpatrick <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Are you trying to get the version that is used for Content Management
> Server? If not, you might try the version of the web controls at:
> http://www.asp.net/IEWebControls/Dow...ndex=0&tabid=1
>
> If I remember correctly, this is actually the full source version
> (which
> includes a batch file for compilation). You'll need to copy the
> webctrl_client directory under the wwwroot (or create a virtual
> directory to
> the files) in order for the controls to run properly.

Thanks Mark. Yes unfortunately I am trying to install CMS, and the IE
Webcontrols are a pre-requisite. That's why I used the .MSI version
rather than the version you suggested.