Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > creative scroll bar for asp.net

creative scroll bar for asp.net

Aussie Rules

Hi,

I want to have a control of some sort that would allow me to have a series
of thumbnail images, with a text title below (loaded from a sql db, which is
just a SQL sp returning image col data) that when clicked on go to a link.
Whilst thats easy, the tricky bit is in the presentation. I want to only
have a small section of my asp.net (vb.net) page showing say one or two rows
of these image with the ability to scroll just that section of images.

If you are familiar with the apple itunes music store you will understand
this better, as it has exactly what I want. It uses arrows on the side of
the display section that when clicked scroll to the next page of thumbnail
images..

Does anybody know of a control like this ?

Thanks

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Aussie,

Thank you for your post.

I don't know any existing control can do that but I think it's not very
difficult to build a custom control to do that. The key part is to manage
the current page index of showing images, you can save it in ViewState and
render the image list accordingly. In the left and right arrow's click
event, just decrease or increase the page index.

Please feel free to post here if you need help on creating custom controls
or anything is unclear.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support