Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Data "breaks" (or grouping) in repeating controls

Data "breaks" (or grouping) in repeating controls

Frank Burleigh

What are some .net 1.1 idioms for achieving the traditional "break on
value" (or "grouping") behavior in data display and reporting tasks?

The HTML I want might look something like this:

<h2>Group One Title</h2>

<ul>
<li>item 1</li>
<li>item n</li>
</ul>

<h2>Group Two Title</h2>
<ul>
<li>Item 1</li>
<li>Item n</li>
</ul>

<h2>Group N Title</h2>

I can imagine intercepting the row bind event and making my own HTML.
But that seems hardly better than the old way of making the HTML in code.

To add some detail, I don't have to edit the data and I don't
necessarily know which groups will be pulled from a page, though I do
know the universe of groups that "could" appear. Maybe there's some
third party repeater that knows about grouping?

Thanks to all for any advice.