Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Bitmap as a Image web control

Bitmap as a Image web control

Beb

Hi Ya,

quick question for you. Im a little new to web controls and im trying
to have a control that returns a bitmap image.

So i have created a web control library, added a control,

have the following

public class MyImage : System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image
{
Public Bitmap MyBitmap()
{
bitmap = new Bitmap(
300,
60,
PixelFormat.Format32bppArgb);
//........
// do some stuff
return bitmap
}

}

so how can i make it that the image control has the results from the
MyBitmap method?

or am i doing this totally wrong?

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

The image control can only contain a URL. The URL does not have to be to an
image file, however. You can give it the URL to a special page that outputs
the result of your bitmap function.

Here's more info and a detailed example:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ImproveYourImages.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP