Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Column Width of DetailsView

Column Width of DetailsView

Donald Hurley

How do you set the width of the columns in a detailview? The titles have way
too much room, and I want to control that.

Thanks,
Don Hurley

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Don,

Thank you for your post.

Based on my understanding, your question is about how to set the field name
column's width in DetailsView. Please feel free to post here if I've
misunderstood anything.

You can use the FieldHeaderStyle-Width property of DetailsView to control
the first column's width of generated table. For example:

<aspetailsView ID="DetailsView1" FieldHeaderStyle-Width="300px"
runat="server" AutoGenerateRows="False" DataKeyNames="ProductID"
DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" Width="1000px" Height="50px">

This will set the first column's width to 300px, and the other column's
width will be 700px.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support