Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > where to put javascript?

where to put javascript?

rockdale.green@gmail.com

I have an aspx file and a placeholder to dynamic load user defined
webcontrols (ascx)

in one one my user defined webcontrols, I need to call functions in my
js file.
I put the following line in my ascx but I kept getting error.

<Script type='text/javascript' src='include/myjavascript.js'></Script>

I do not want to put in the html header of my aspx file because other
controls do not need those javascript functions.
Is html header the only place that I can put javascript?
What about <!--#include file=include\olap.js -->?
Or any other approach to include this js file so that I can call its
functions in my ascx?

Thanks a lot
-Rockdale

rockdale.green@gmail.com

Never mind, the error is not caused by where the javascript put.

> I have an aspx file and a placeholder to dynamic load user defined
> webcontrols (ascx)
>
> in one one my user defined webcontrols, I need to call functions in my
> js file.
> I put the following line in my ascx but I kept getting error.
>
> <Script type='text/javascript' src='include/myjavascript.js'></Script>
>
> I do not want to put in the html header of my aspx file because other
> controls do not need those javascript functions.
> Is html header the only place that I can put javascript?
> What about <!--#include file=include\olap.js -->?
> Or any other approach to include this js file so that I can call its
> functions in my ascx?
>
> Thanks a lot
> -Rockdale

why does the following with Queue, q.put('\x02', True) not put itin the queue? Gabriel Rossetti Python 3 04-25-2008 03:41 PM
Put javascript enable/disable checkbox on firefox toolbar? ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan Firefox 2 06-04-2005 07:01 PM
Firefox 1.1 put on hold Posco Firefox 0 02-02-2005 01:45 PM
Where do I put *.xpi extensions / spiderzilla extension not found Kurt Firefox 6 12-09-2004 03:59 PM
Can't figure out how to put shortcut on desktop in FireFox JohnF Firefox 3 09-15-2004 01:22 PM

Advertisments