Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Retrieving Asp.treeview checked checkbox information

Retrieving Asp.treeview checked checkbox information

jeeji

Hi

I am creating a website that reads some data from a database and
presents it in an asp:treeview control. The tree I create dynamically
using c#, and for the leaf nodes I enable checkbox
(TreeNode::ShowCheckBox = true)

Now my problem is to retrieve the checked information from the tree
with a click of a button.

I have to add that I am quite new to this. However, I have a good
feeling of what is happening. So I believe that teh checked information
is located on the client (web browser). Is it really that difficult to
move (post?) that information to the server, and have the server act
accordingly?

I cannot seem to find that many easy options, unfortunately. If you
give me an answer, could you please be elaborate, since many of the
terms I am not used to yet. But not to say that any answer would be
satisfactory, because I am really in trouble here.

Best regards
Jeeji

Prakash V

You try this

foreach (TreeNode TNode in TreeviewName.CheckedNodes)

{

DeleteNode(TNode.Value);

}

Thanks,
Prakash.V

"jeeji" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi
>
> I am creating a website that reads some data from a database and
> presents it in an asp:treeview control. The tree I create dynamically
> using c#, and for the leaf nodes I enable checkbox
> (TreeNode::ShowCheckBox = true)
>
> Now my problem is to retrieve the checked information from the tree
> with a click of a button.
>
> I have to add that I am quite new to this. However, I have a good
> feeling of what is happening. So I believe that teh checked information
> is located on the client (web browser). Is it really that difficult to
> move (post?) that information to the server, and have the server act
> accordingly?
>
> I cannot seem to find that many easy options, unfortunately. If you
> give me an answer, could you please be elaborate, since many of the
> terms I am not used to yet. But not to say that any answer would be
> satisfactory, because I am really in trouble here.
>

> Best regards
> Jeeji

jeeji

Hi and thank you for your reply, but unfortunately, I cannot see how
this will help me.
The tree structure is at the client side now, and the information of
which tree node is checked or not is also at the client side.
The code you gave me as far as I can see is server side code. If it is
client side code, please tell me how to run it, and please tell me how
to submit the retrieved information to the server, so that it can act
according to which nodes are checked and which are not.

Thank you again

Jeeji