Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Event when Design-Time Properties have been set

Event when Design-Time Properties have been set

Alex Maghen

Is there an event I can catch for when ALL of the design-time properties that
have been set in the parent page of my control have been called but before
anything else?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Alex,

Thank you for posting.

Regarding on this issue, I've also found your another similiar thread in
this newsgroup:

Subject: "Design-Time UserControl Property Setting"

I've posted some suggestion in that thread. As for the ascx usercontrol's
custom properties, if you're add them statically into aspx page at
design-time , those custom properties are persisted in the aspx template
(as inline attributes). At runtime, when the page parsing the usercontrol,
it will restore the custom properties' value from aspx template
(attributes) and assigned the value into the usercontrol instance's
properties. This happens before usercontrol's Init and Load event. As I've
posted in that thread, my suggestion is to hold the properties' value in
usercontrol class's private fields and access them later in other
events(such as Init or Load ....)

If you still have anything unclear or any other questions on this, please
feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support