Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > What do validation controls do, internally, on server side to stop to page processing from continuing?

What do validation controls do, internally, on server side to stop to page processing from continuing?

TS

does it do a reponse.end or something?

thanks

Brock Allen

They don't stop processing at all; button clicks and other server side events
for normalls. Check Page.IsValid to see if validation failed.

-Brock
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> does it do a reponse.end or something?
>
> thanks

Brock Allen

Ugg, that meant to read:

They don't stop processing at all; button clicks and other server side events
fire normally. Check Page.IsValid to see if validation failed.

-Brock
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for Brock's informative inputs.

Hi TS,

The ASP.NET validation control's server-side valiation won't interrupt the
ASP.NET page request's processing. Actually the server-side validation
occurs after Page_Load and before the page's postback event get processing.
Generally, if we care about the validation result, we should
programmatically check the Page.IsValid property and adjust the codelogic
in event handler. Here is a good msdn article discusses on ASP.NET

#ASP.NET Validation in Depth
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...id.asp?frame=t
rue

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

TS

thanks all

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for Brock's informative inputs.
>
> Hi TS,
>
> The ASP.NET validation control's server-side valiation won't interrupt the
> ASP.NET page request's processing. Actually the server-side validation
> occurs after Page_Load and before the page's postback event get
> processing.
> Generally, if we care about the validation result, we should
> programmatically check the Page.IsValid property and adjust the codelogic
> in event handler. Here is a good msdn article discusses on ASP.NET
>
> #ASP.NET Validation in Depth
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...id.asp?frame=t
> rue
>
> Hope this helps.