Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > FileUpload - set the value in the control

FileUpload - set the value in the control

David Thielen

Hi;

How can I set the filename in the text box for the FileUpload control?

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Web Browsers do not allow this for security reasons. I wouldn't want most
web servers to be able to choose which files they want to read from my hard
drive, would you?

If you're determined, you *might* be able to do it through client side code.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"David Thielen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi;
>
> How can I set the filename in the text box for the FileUpload control?
>
> --
> thanks - dave
> david_at_windward_dot_net
> http://www.windwardreports.com