Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > How do I put bitmaps/images in front of another bitmap?

How do I put bitmaps/images in front of another bitmap?

PrettySneaky@gmail.com

Hi!

I'm working on a webcontrol that uses ComponentArt's WebChart to render
charts. Unfortunately ComponentArt's component doesn't support drawing
additional stuff after it has finished rendering the chart. Well, there
is a way but then you loose the areamap which the component also
creates.

To fix my problem I want to use layers or something to place images in
front of the image that the web chart component renders. Is there an
easy way to do this on serverside in asp.net?

Nathan Sokalski

The only way I know of is to use CSS's absolute and relative positioning.
However, if you plan to be doing a lot of this, I might look into writing
some custom classes or controls to use with it, because when people resize
their screens or the content changes (text gets added/removed/changed,
etc.), things can get very complicated and end up in places you didn't
expect, so I might also suggest looking for some other way such as writing a
class using GDI+ that combines the bitmaps into a single image for you, it
might be safer that way. Good Luck!
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/