Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > html controls with same ID

html controls with same ID

steven scaife

I am porting an ASP application to ASP.net, in my ASP application i have 4
columns of text boxes, each column of textboxes have the same ID thus
becoming an array when i use the split on them.

In ASP.net however i cannot get the value of the textboxes through the
request.form object. Is there a way to emulate this in asp.net

The reason is because its an electronic purchase order system so i have
boxes for quantity, price, description and code. I have a javascript that
works out the VAT, sub total and the grand total of subtotal + VATtotal.

thanks in advance for any help

Steve Goodyear

Each control ID is suppose to be unique, the name attribute may be the same
and produce the array you seek.

You can still use Request.Form in ASP.NET - the proper way to use the
Request.Form index is to access posted elements by their name attribute.

- Steve