Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Model Forms in ASP?

Model Forms in ASP?

=?Utf-8?B?ZGlnSmF6eg==?=

I need to create a pop-up form in ASP that works like the Windows modal forms where the parent form is locked until action is taken on the child form. How do I create a pop-up form and control the size (smaller than the parent)? Then, how do call it and keep the parent form in the background? I know about reponse.redirect and server.transfer
Thanks for your suggestions!

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Use the JScript ShowModalDialog method
Here's more info:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...odaldialog.asp

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"digJazz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need to create a pop-up form in ASP that works like the Windows modal

forms where the parent form is locked until action is taken on the child
form. How do I create a pop-up form and control the size (smaller than the
parent)? Then, how do call it and keep the parent form in the background?
I know about reponse.redirect and server.transfer.
> Thanks for your suggestions!

David Jessee

I don't think that will work. Can ModalDialogues post data?

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Use the JScript ShowModalDialog method
> Here's more info:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...odaldialog.asp

> --
> I hope this helps,
> Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
> http://Steve.Orr.net
>

> "digJazz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I need to create a pop-up form in ASP that works like the Windows modal

> forms where the parent form is locked until action is taken on the child
> form. How do I create a pop-up form and control the size (smaller than

the
> parent)? Then, how do call it and keep the parent form in the background?
> I know about reponse.redirect and server.transfer.
> > Thanks for your suggestions!

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Sure, they can post back just like any other web page.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...