Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > PasswordRecovery Control, Limiting Random Password to Alphanumeric

PasswordRecovery Control, Limiting Random Password to Alphanumeric

Jonathan Woodward

In the application I'm currently working on, when one uses the
PasswordRecovery control to reset the password, the random password it
creates contains many non-alphanumeric characters. E.g., "^Lz9$p!(i+$c]}".
My client would prefer that the random password contain strictly alphanumeric
characters. Leaving aside the question of whether that's a wise choice, how
do I do it? How do I restrict the PasswordRecovery control from using
non-alphanumeric charcaters in its random password? Thanks to all for their
time.