Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Display FTP directory contents on page and offer file download

Display FTP directory contents on page and offer file download

Rich251076@gmail.com

Hi,

I am trying to look for the best method to implement a new ASP project
for user file download.

I need to accomplish the following:

1.) Create a simple and Secure User login through a website

2.) Present User with a web page listing the Contents of an FTP
directory on the Server beloging to that user.

3.) Allow users to select one or more files and click a button to
initialize download of those files to the Users local machine.

4.) Create a page that only an Admin can access to set up user accounts
and point them to a specific FTP directory.

The main functionality I am worried about is step 2 and 3, my question
is, what is the easiest way to implement these two steps.

Any links to sample code, controls would be handy.