Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > problem traping event in child control

problem traping event in child control

sunil

hello everybody...

I am develooping a kind of asp.net page in which i want to have datagrid
inside a datagrid. Thsi i have somehow managed to develop. Now what i want is
to have the functionality for the inner datagird to have the column called
actions in which some image buttons are created. I want to handle the click
event of these image buttons which i could not... How ever if I put these
image buttons on the parent grid then the events are fired as desired. Can
any one out there who can help me out of this hell.

Its very urgent and need quick feedback

Thanks in advance...

Regards
Sunil Pandita
Software Engineer
(OTS Solutions Pvt. Ltd. )

Phillip Williams

Hi Sunil,

In this sample I placed the child datagrid in a separate ascx that handle
its own events
http://www.societopia.net/Samples/Da...Hierarchy.aspx

If you do it this way then you can have the child datagrid raise events that
the parent form can consume like I did in this sample:
http://www.societopia.net/Samples/Da...olsEvents.aspx

If you are developing in ASP.NET 2.0, you might as well migrate to the
GridView. Here is a sample in ASP.NET2.0:
http://www.webswapp.com/codesamples/...s/default.aspx
--
HTH,
Phillip Williams