Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > ASP .NET 2.0 - Multiple Formviews - inserting data

ASP .NET 2.0 - Multiple Formviews - inserting data

Bob

Ok, I have two formviews with different objectdatasource that are
linked back to a typed, related dataset.

Formview1 PK (personID) is an identity, so in insert mode you don't see
it in the template. However, Formview2 has the FK (personID) but is not
an identity (of course). I want to submit both forms back to their
respective table through the tableadapters in the dataset.

My question(s) is, what is best practice here? and how do I send
Formview2 to newly created personID so it can insert the correct value
in the FK?

Thanks

Bob