Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How many man-hours were used in creating .NET 1.0?

Reply
Thread Tools

How many man-hours were used in creating .NET 1.0?

 
 
CJ Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-11-2004
HA!
"Mark Broadbent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A couple hundred grand hehe, that'll probably have paid for 1 second of
> Anders&Co s' time.
>
> --
>
> --
>
> Br,
> Mark Broadbent
> mcdba , mcse+i
> =============
> "CJ Taylor" <[cege] at [tavayn] dit commmmm> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Wow... I cannot even fathom. I once heard that the entire team (given

all
> > of the languages) was well above 500 developers... I don't even know

the
> > management.
> >
> > I'm sure Anders has about 3,000 in there alone...
> >
> > So you probably looking at a couple hundred grand when all was said and
> > done...
> >
> >
> > "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Does anyone know how many man-hours were used in creating .NET 1.0?
> > >
> > > I thought it would be an interesting statistic to know.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
CJ Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-11-2004
60 hour week at MS? Maybe a *lite* week. I would expect more around 70-100
hours a week there. I've have a couple friends that work there (yet still
can't find room for even a coffee boy..) and they work on average 75 hours
a week. My friend Henry was a PM for IE6, he would work 90 most often...


"anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uLcsT%(E-Mail Removed)...
> 500 developer x 2000 hours per year = 1,000,000 hours per year?
>
> 3 to 4 years, maybe 5 years.
>
> These developers don't really work a 9 to 5 to 40 hour week. Probably at
> least a 60 hour week
>
> so 500 developers x 3000 hour per year = 1,500,000 hours per year
>
> 1.5 millions hours/year x 3 years = 4.5 million man hours of programmers
> only?
>
> probably at least 500 people who are not programmers, but managers,
> marketing, sales.
>
> 10 million hours?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "CJ Taylor" <[cege] at [tavayn] dit commmmm> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Wow... I cannot even fathom. I once heard that the entire team (given

all
> > of the languages) was well above 500 developers... I don't even know

the
> > management.
> >
> > I'm sure Anders has about 3,000 in there alone...
> >
> > So you probably looking at a couple hundred grand when all was said and
> > done...
> >
> >
> > "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Does anyone know how many man-hours were used in creating .NET 1.0?
> > >
> > > I thought it would be an interesting statistic to know.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
anon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2004
90 hours ????

Just how much do these guys get paid to work 90 hours?

Permanent employees and Contract people?





"CJ Taylor" <[cege] at [tavayn] dit commmmm> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 60 hour week at MS? Maybe a *lite* week. I would expect more around

70-100
> hours a week there. I've have a couple friends that work there (yet still
> can't find room for even a coffee boy..) and they work on average 75

hours
> a week. My friend Henry was a PM for IE6, he would work 90 most often...
>
>
> "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uLcsT%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > 500 developer x 2000 hours per year = 1,000,000 hours per year?
> >
> > 3 to 4 years, maybe 5 years.
> >
> > These developers don't really work a 9 to 5 to 40 hour week. Probably at
> > least a 60 hour week
> >
> > so 500 developers x 3000 hour per year = 1,500,000 hours per year
> >
> > 1.5 millions hours/year x 3 years = 4.5 million man hours of

programmers
> > only?
> >
> > probably at least 500 people who are not programmers, but managers,
> > marketing, sales.
> >
> > 10 million hours?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "CJ Taylor" <[cege] at [tavayn] dit commmmm> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Wow... I cannot even fathom. I once heard that the entire team (given

> all
> > > of the languages) was well above 500 developers... I don't even know

> the
> > > management.
> > >
> > > I'm sure Anders has about 3,000 in there alone...
> > >
> > > So you probably looking at a couple hundred grand when all was said

and
> > > done...
> > >
> > >
> > > "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > Does anyone know how many man-hours were used in creating .NET 1.0?
> > > >
> > > > I thought it would be an interesting statistic to know.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Alvin Bruney [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2004
there are a ton of millionaires in seattle let's just say.
i'm moving up there, hopefully, some crumbs can fall my way

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
[ASP.NET MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx]
Got tidbits? Get it here... http://tinyurl.com/27cok
"anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uk4NTi%(E-Mail Removed)...
> 90 hours ????
>
> Just how much do these guys get paid to work 90 hours?
>
> Permanent employees and Contract people?
>
>
>
>
>
> "CJ Taylor" <[cege] at [tavayn] dit commmmm> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> 60 hour week at MS? Maybe a *lite* week. I would expect more around

> 70-100
>> hours a week there. I've have a couple friends that work there (yet
>> still
>> can't find room for even a coffee boy..) and they work on average 75

> hours
>> a week. My friend Henry was a PM for IE6, he would work 90 most often...
>>
>>
>> "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:uLcsT%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > 500 developer x 2000 hours per year = 1,000,000 hours per year?
>> >
>> > 3 to 4 years, maybe 5 years.
>> >
>> > These developers don't really work a 9 to 5 to 40 hour week. Probably
>> > at
>> > least a 60 hour week
>> >
>> > so 500 developers x 3000 hour per year = 1,500,000 hours per year
>> >
>> > 1.5 millions hours/year x 3 years = 4.5 million man hours of

> programmers
>> > only?
>> >
>> > probably at least 500 people who are not programmers, but managers,
>> > marketing, sales.
>> >
>> > 10 million hours?
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "CJ Taylor" <[cege] at [tavayn] dit commmmm> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > > Wow... I cannot even fathom. I once heard that the entire team
>> > > (given

>> all
>> > > of the languages) was well above 500 developers... I don't even know

>> the
>> > > management.
>> > >
>> > > I'm sure Anders has about 3,000 in there alone...
>> > >
>> > > So you probably looking at a couple hundred grand when all was said

> and
>> > > done...
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > > > Does anyone know how many man-hours were used in creating .NET 1.0?
>> > > >
>> > > > I thought it would be an interesting statistic to know.
>> > > >
>> > > > Thanks.
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get files files which were last used logiclips@yahoo.com Java 4 11-15-2005 08:28 PM
Many-to-many relationship / DataSet / child rows / DataRelation / sorting / navigation Marco Ippolito ASP .Net 0 10-11-2004 04:11 PM
Re: Cisco PIX many-to-many NAT problem Fredy Kuenzler Cisco 1 07-16-2004 07:30 PM
Cisco PIX many-to-many NAT problem Fredy Kuenzler Cisco 4 06-15-2004 07:06 PM
How many questions (avg) and How many can i miss? Josh MCSD 2 02-16-2004 07:25 AM



Advertisments