Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Exception from HRESULT: 0x800AC352

Exception from HRESULT: 0x800AC352

Stan Sainte-Rose

Hi,

I have a problem with an asp.net application.
It worked fine when I used Windows2000 and since I move to windows 2003, I
get this error
Exception From Hresult : 0x800ac352
I use a specific dll ActiveX

Any idea ?

Stan

CT

I'm not sure, but could it be due to permissions on accessing the ActiveX
DLL, or the permissions needed by the ActiveX DLL? What kind of DLL is it?

--
Carsten Thomsen
Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
"Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with an asp.net application.
> It worked fine when I used Windows2000 and since I move to windows 2003, I
> get this error
> Exception From Hresult : 0x800ac352
> I use a specific dll ActiveX
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Stan

Stan Sainte-Rose

Hi,

It's a customized dll made by a company.
Stan

"CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not sure, but could it be due to permissions on accessing the ActiveX
> DLL, or the permissions needed by the ActiveX DLL? What kind of DLL is it?
>
> --
> Carsten Thomsen
> Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
> http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
> "Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with an asp.net application.
> > It worked fine when I used Windows2000 and since I move to windows 2003,

> > get this error
> > Exception From Hresult : 0x800ac352
> > I use a specific dll ActiveX
> >
> > Any idea ?
> >
> > Stan

CT

Has it been registered on Windows 2003?

--
Carsten Thomsen
Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
"Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> It's a customized dll made by a company.
> Stan
>

> "CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message

de
> news: (E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm not sure, but could it be due to permissions on accessing the

ActiveX
> > DLL, or the permissions needed by the ActiveX DLL? What kind of DLL is

it?

> > --
> > Carsten Thomsen
> > Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
> > http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
> > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a problem with an asp.net application.
> > > It worked fine when I used Windows2000 and since I move to windows

2003,
> > > get this error
> > > Exception From Hresult : 0x800ac352
> > > I use a specific dll ActiveX
> > >
> > > Any idea ?
> > >
> > > Stan

Stan Sainte-Rose

Yes, I used Regsvr32
There's something strange, because it works on another computer where I
update windows 2000 to windows 2003.
I have to say also, by using this dll, it adds 2 others dll, vbrun and vba.
I check the versions on the both computers and they're the same...
I really need help...

Stan

"CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news: (E-Mail Removed)...
> Has it been registered on Windows 2003?
>
> --
> Carsten Thomsen
> Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
> http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
> "Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > It's a customized dll made by a company.
> > Stan
> >

> > "CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message

> de
> > news: (E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I'm not sure, but could it be due to permissions on accessing the

> ActiveX
> > > DLL, or the permissions needed by the ActiveX DLL? What kind of DLL is

> it?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Carsten Thomsen
> > > Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
> > > http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
> > > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> 2003,

CT

Ah, so it's an ActiveX component created in VB. Do you know if it's VB6? The
version number is reflected in the file name of one of the mentioned files.
What I'm getting at here, is that you might want to try and registher the VB
run-time DLL's on the machine.
--
Carsten Thomsen
Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
"Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, I used Regsvr32
> There's something strange, because it works on another computer where I
> update windows 2000 to windows 2003.
> I have to say also, by using this dll, it adds 2 others dll, vbrun and

vba.
> I check the versions on the both computers and they're the same...
> I really need help...
>
> Stan
>

> "CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message

de
> news: (E-Mail Removed)...
> > Has it been registered on Windows 2003?
> >
> > --
> > Carsten Thomsen
> > Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
> > http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
> > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > It's a customized dll made by a company.
> > > Stan
> > >

> > > "CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le

message
> > de
> > > news: (E-Mail Removed)...

> > ActiveX

is
> > it?

> > 2003,

Stan Sainte-Rose

Yes, I suppose it's vb6.
How can I register the vb run-time dll's on the machine ?
Which files ?
Thanks for your help
Stan

"CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news: (E-Mail Removed)...
> Ah, so it's an ActiveX component created in VB. Do you know if it's VB6?

The
> version number is reflected in the file name of one of the mentioned

files.
> What I'm getting at here, is that you might want to try and registher the

VB
> run-time DLL's on the machine.
> --
> Carsten Thomsen
> Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
> http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
> "Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes, I used Regsvr32
> > There's something strange, because it works on another computer where I
> > update windows 2000 to windows 2003.
> > I have to say also, by using this dll, it adds 2 others dll, vbrun and

> vba.
> > I check the versions on the both computers and they're the same...
> > I really need help...
> >
> > Stan
> >

> > "CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message

> de
> > news: (E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Has it been registered on Windows 2003?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Carsten Thomsen
> > > Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
> > > http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
> > > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> message
> > > de
> > > ActiveX

DLL
> is
> > > it?

windows
> > > 2003,

CT

Well, if it's VB6 it's worth trying this:

Carsten Thomsen
Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
"Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, I suppose it's vb6.
> How can I register the vb run-time dll's on the machine ?
> Which files ?
> Thanks for your help
> Stan
>

> "CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message

de
> news: (E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ah, so it's an ActiveX component created in VB. Do you know if it's VB6?

> The
> > version number is reflected in the file name of one of the mentioned

> files.
> > What I'm getting at here, is that you might want to try and registher

the
> VB
> > run-time DLL's on the machine.
> > --
> > Carsten Thomsen
> > Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
> > http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
> > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Yes, I used Regsvr32
> > > There's something strange, because it works on another computer where

> > > update windows 2000 to windows 2003.
> > > I have to say also, by using this dll, it adds 2 others dll, vbrun and

> > vba.
> > > I check the versions on the both computers and they're the same...
> > > I really need help...
> > >
> > > Stan
> > >

> > > "CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le

message
> > de
> > > news: (E-Mail Removed)...

> > message

the

> DLL
> > is

> windows

Stan Sainte-Rose

Carsten

I thank you for the url..
I still have the same problem..

But, I think it's a Security issue or something like this..
Because, I try to run the access application (the dll is also used by this
application), and I got an 50002 error.

I ve tried to compare the 2 computers but I didn't find where the problem
comes from...

Any idea ?

Stan

"CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news: #(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, if it's VB6 it's worth trying this:

> Carsten Thomsen
> Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
> http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
> "Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes, I suppose it's vb6.
> > How can I register the vb run-time dll's on the machine ?
> > Which files ?
> > Thanks for your help
> > Stan
> >

> > "CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message

> de
> > news: (E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Ah, so it's an ActiveX component created in VB. Do you know if it's

VB6?
> > The
> > > version number is reflected in the file name of one of the mentioned

> > files.
> > > What I'm getting at here, is that you might want to try and registher

> the
> > VB
> > > run-time DLL's on the machine.
> > > --
> > > Carsten Thomsen
> > > Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
> > > http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
> > > "Stan Sainte-Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

where

and
> > > vba.

> message
> > > de

> > > message

> the

of
> > DLL
> > > is

> > windows

CT

Okay, wasn't sure if the URL would heklp you, but wirth a shot. Now, you say
that MS Access is using the DLL as well? If so, what's the exact error
message? Are there any special permissions on the folder that the DLL is
located in or the folder(s) that the DLL accesses, if any? In addition, have
you tried unregistering and reregistering the DLL?