Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > GUID and data controls

GUID and data controls

TdarTdar

Hello,
I have a table with two GUID fields and one check box field
simple enough..
(vs 2005, asp.net 2)

I drag the table in from the connected database turn on the edit feature

I run the page and edit the record and get

"Disallowed implicit conversion from data type sql_variant to data type
uniqueidentifier, table 'SilverQueen_Main_System.dbo.TEST', column 'userif'.
Use the CONVERT function to run this query. "

I guess the wizards dont account for guid's in records, how do I fix this
and I hope microsoft fixes this part of the program soon.

Tdar

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Tdar,

Welcome. I've justed posted my further research result to your another
thread in the newsgroup:

Subject: detailsview,
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontro ls

Is this problem here also associated with that problem? If it's another
separate issue, would you provide some further detailed info so that we can
have a look into it?

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?VGRhclRkYXI=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)>
| Subject: GUID and data controls
| Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:35:03 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontro ls
|
| Hello,
| I have a table with two GUID fields and one check box field
| simple enough..
| (vs 2005, asp.net 2)
|
| I drag the table in from the connected database turn on the edit feature
|
| I run the page and edit the record and get
|
| "Disallowed implicit conversion from data type sql_variant to data type
| uniqueidentifier, table 'SilverQueen_Main_System.dbo.TEST', column
'userif'.
| Use the CONVERT function to run this query. "
|
| I guess the wizards dont account for guid's in records, how do I fix this
| and I hope microsoft fixes this part of the program soon.
|
| Tdar

TdarTdar

I posted this in case this was found out after, The guid works fine on
the other post, so I guess this would make this post null and void.