Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > FormView - Single Record edit

FormView - Single Record edit

KenK

Hi all,

Probably a simple question, however, I'm learning asp.net and wanted to use
a FormView to edit a single record (much like an *.ini on a win32 app) What
is the best way to programmatically determine if there is a record to
display and if not switch to "insert" mode.

I've successfully placed a button on the page and called
"FormView1.ChangeMode(FormView.Insert);"

While this works I'd prefer it to happen automatically.

Thanks,
Ken

PS. I'm guessing the work will be done if the page load event, but not
sure.