Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Gridview and XML files

Gridview and XML files

I want to convert a project from .net 1.1 to .net 2. The old project stores
data in XmlFiles with schema information. I can read and bind the dataview
component to my datafiles. I can even add new rows BUT I cant update my xml
files. I see the RowUpdating and RowUpdated events but cant do custom
updates (the bit in-between is missing?) !!

How can I access new row information and save to my disk based XML files?
Are there any samples?

help!

I am now using an ObjectDataSource and have realised that it seems almost
impossible to add a new record (especially when there is no data in the
dataset). There is no sample on the web that does this and loads of people
seem to ask the same thing!

Is the GridView actually useable?
Can I at least reproduce the Insert, Update delete and select functionality
or is it best to stick with the good old DataGrid?