Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Gridview + RadioButtons + Paging losing state

Gridview + RadioButtons + Paging losing state

Roel

Hi All,

I have a gridview in a wizard where you can select an event in a radio
button for each row in the gridview.
So when you have checked the radiobutton, you would have to press 'next' in
the wizard to advance to the next step.
Problem is that when I enable paging and sorting for the gridview, when I
have selected a radiobutton in e.g. page 1, the selection is not remembered
when paging back to Page 1.

The Gridview looks like this

<asp:GridView ID="gvEvents" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false" >
<Columns>
<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Select">
<ItemTemplate>
<vs:GroupRadioButton id="selectRadioButton" runat="server"
AutoPostBack="true" GroupName="event" />
</ItemTemplate>
<HeaderTemplate>
</HeaderTemplate>
</asp:TemplateField>
<asp:BoundField DataField="seqevent" HeaderText="Primary Key"
SortExpression="seqevent" />
<asp:BoundField DataField="eventName" HeaderText="Name"
SortExpression="eventName" />
</Columns>
</asp:GridView>

if (!Page.IsPostBack)
{
gvEvents.AllowPaging = true;
gvEvents.AllowSorting = true;
gvEvents.AutoGenerateColumns = false;
gvEvents.PageSize = 5;
gvEvents.DataSourceID = "odsEvents";

}

I also use http://www.thecodeproject.com/aspnet...p_RButtons.asp for
radiobutton grouping, otherwise i could select multiple radiobuttons in one
page.

I also tried to put the selectedcontrol in the sessionstate and resetting
every time, but that does not work either:

selecteditem = (string)Session["event"];
if (selecteditem != null)
{
radiobutton =
(Sf.BL.Navigation.GroupRadioButton)Page.FindContro l(selecteditem);
radiobutton.Checked = true;
}

If I advance to a next step in the wizard, the selected radiobutton is
remembered if I have e.g. selected an item in the first page and going to
the next and previous page.

Any thoughts welcome !

Kind Regards,
Roel

UserControl, Radiobutton, Wizard : Problem in keeping the state ofthe Radiobuttons Florian Paulus ASP .Net 0 11-14-2008 09:12 AM
Gridview and Radiobuttons ASP .Net 0 04-28-2008 07:34 PM
posting radiobuttons inside a gridview do not persist selection after postback.. Carlos ASP .Net 10 12-05-2006 04:36 PM
Losing Session State on a State Server Vinay Joseph Mathew ASP .Net 3 09-16-2004 05:09 PM

Advertisments