Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > .NET 2.0, wizard control with dynamic controls

.NET 2.0, wizard control with dynamic controls

Mark Baker

We're making use of the .NET 2.0 wizard control in our web app. On clicking
the 'Next' button the data on the current page of the wizard control is
saved. One of the pages of the wizard contains a user control that renders a
dynamically created table and various dynamically created web controls to the
page. The problem comes when we click 'Next' on this page because when the
user controls save method is called the user control errors as there is no
reference to the dynamic controls on the page, the reference is gone. Other
controls on this page of the wizard that do not belong to the user control
all save fine. We have tested and used the user control on regular .aspx
pages and the control performs as expected on each occasion. We have
experience of using user controls and dynamically created controls and are
aware of the way that the code the produces the web controls must be
re-parsed on each postback in order for the page to reload each controls view
state correctly for events such as save routines to work properly, hence I'm
posting here as I am a bit baffled by what is going on. Any help would be
appreciated.