Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > POP-before-SMPT

POP-before-SMPT

Simon Cheng

Hi,

I am using the following C# code to send emails from my website hosted by an
ISV:

System.Web.Mail.MailMessage mm = new System.Web.Mail.MailMessage();
mm.To = "xxx";
mm.From = "xxx";
mm.Subject = "xxx";
mm.Body = "xxx";

System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.seattledaohome.org";
System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(mm);

However, since this ISV imposes a POP-before-SMTP policy, I'll have to check
POP3 emails before I can send emails via SMTP. I get the SMTP part, but how
do I code for the "checking POP3 emails" part?

Thanks,
-Simon

Simon Cheng

Just figured it out: specify "localhost" as SmtpMail.SmtpServer.

-Simon

news:(E-Mail Removed)...