Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Playing a WAV file from a Web Page

Playing a WAV file from a Web Page

Andrew Chalk

Can anyone point me to some code that allows the user to play a WAV file by
clicking on a link.

Many thanks.

Karl Seguin

Well, simply linking to the .wav file will work for most users. All they
need is a program, like QuickTime associated with the wav extension.

You can check out:
http://www.fluffbucket.com/html/sound.htm

<a onclick="self.location='myfile.wav'; return false" href="#">Click here to
play</a>

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

"Andrew Chalk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone point me to some code that allows the user to play a WAV file
> by clicking on a link.
>
> Many thanks.

Andrew Chalk

OK. Now if the user clicks on a button that causes a search of a database
for the file name how can my web site then play the file to them?

Many thanks,

Andrew
> Well, simply linking to the .wav file will work for most users. All they
> need is a program, like QuickTime associated with the wav extension.
>
> You can check out:
> http://www.fluffbucket.com/html/sound.htm
>
> <a onclick="self.location='myfile.wav'; return false" href="#">Click here
> to play</a>
>
> Karl
>
> --
> MY ASP.Net tutorials
> http://www.openmymind.net/
> http://openmymind.net/redirector.aspx?documentId=51 - Learn about AJAX!
>

> "Andrew Chalk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can anyone point me to some code that allows the user to play a WAV file
>> by clicking on a link.
>>
>> Many thanks.

Andrew Chalk

Thanks!