Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > HI - Crystal report generation

HI - Crystal report generation

Devendra

Hi,
I am using ASP.NET 2.0 beta.
I want to create a crystal report and convert it into a pdf and flush it on
the browser.

first of all can i create a crystal report using .ttx file i.e. the Field
definition what we used to do in ASP times.
If yes then can any one tell me how to do that.
I creates a .ttx file using crystal report 8.5 ( which i can simply create
using the notepad ) and try to to use it in Database experts in the database
fields.
then i went to Create new connection --> Database files --> I choosen .ttx
file and selected this file which i have just created.

CustID long
CustCode string 50
CustName string 200
AccNo string 30

It give me error with these messageboxes numbered as 1 and 2 below

1. Failed to load database information
2. Unknown Query Engine Error

Or can any one tell me how to create the crystal report using my own class.

And Which one would work faster.

Thanks,
Regards

Dev

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Devendra,

For crystal reports in .NET, we can use the .NET's ADO.NET classes,
DataSet/DataTable to populate a certain reportdocument.

http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/show/4266/

Also, currently we only support install/setup related issues of crystal
reports. For more detailed dev issue, I'd recommend try contacting the
crystal reports support according to he following kb article:

How to get help with Crystal Reports - International and U.S
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=100368

Thanks for your understanding.

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support