Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Drop Down not giving proper selecteditem value

Drop Down not giving proper selecteditem value

Steve

I have a few drop downs on a user control which are loaded on a webform. I
populate the drop downs via a datasource. Both the DataTextField &
DataValueField properties are set. When I set the DataValueField property an
incorrect SelectedItem value is returned. If i disable the DataValueField
property from being filled, I receive the proper SelectedItem value.

Any thoughts?

Steve.

Steve

I failed to note that only 1 drop down on this user control performs this
way. The other drop downs perform correctly taking the right DataValueField.

Steve.