Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > page numbers rendered differently in 2000 and XP

page numbers rendered differently in 2000 and XP

ZWeng

I have a datagrid set up working correctly with custom paging of numeric
values. I tested it in WIndows XP and the page numbers are rendered nicely
with the current page number is not clickable and the other page numbers are
underlined in blue color.

However, in windows 2000, the current page number is not clickable and the
other page numbers are NOT underlined either. So if I visited page 2 and is
back to page 1, it is really hard to tell whether I am on page 1 or 2 as they
are similar in color without underlines at all.

Why the XP and 2000 render the datagrid page numbers differently and how to
change the page number in 2000 to be underlined?

Thank you.

Phillip Williams

To get a consistent look for the hyperlinks regardless of the user's default
browser settings (which can be different on an XP installation than on an
Win2K) assign style sheet value to the PagerStyle-CssClass, or better yet
create images to handles the next and previous by implementing custom
navigation controls as I demonstrate in this sample on my website:
http://www.societopia.net/samples/dataGrid_3c.aspx

--
HTH,
Phillip Williams

"ZWeng" wrote:

> I have a datagrid set up working correctly with custom paging of numeric
> values. I tested it in WIndows XP and the page numbers are rendered nicely
> with the current page number is not clickable and the other page numbers are
> underlined in blue color.
>
> However, in windows 2000, the current page number is not clickable and the
> other page numbers are NOT underlined either. So if I visited page 2 and is
> back to page 1, it is really hard to tell whether I am on page 1 or 2 as they
> are similar in color without underlines at all.
>
> Why the XP and 2000 render the datagrid page numbers differently and how to
> change the page number in 2000 to be underlined?
>
> Thank you.

ZWeng

Phillip,

Thank you for the reply.

I have already used the stylesheet in the PagerStyle and the 2000 and XP
still render the page number differently.

I need to use the numericpages as a requirement. I checked your site and
the custom next and previous seem very nice.

Thank you again for the help.

"Phillip Williams" wrote:

> To get a consistent look for the hyperlinks regardless of the user's default
> browser settings (which can be different on an XP installation than on an
> Win2K) assign style sheet value to the PagerStyle-CssClass, or better yet
> create images to handles the next and previous by implementing custom
> navigation controls as I demonstrate in this sample on my website:
> http://www.societopia.net/samples/dataGrid_3c.aspx
>
> --
> HTH,
> Phillip Williams
> http://www.societopia.net
> http://www.webswapp.com
>

> "ZWeng" wrote:
>
> > I have a datagrid set up working correctly with custom paging of numeric
> > values. I tested it in WIndows XP and the page numbers are rendered nicely
> > with the current page number is not clickable and the other page numbers are
> > underlined in blue color.
> >
> > However, in windows 2000, the current page number is not clickable and the
> > other page numbers are NOT underlined either. So if I visited page 2 and is
> > back to page 1, it is really hard to tell whether I am on page 1 or 2 as they
> > are similar in color without underlines at all.
> >
> > Why the XP and 2000 render the datagrid page numbers differently and how to
> > change the page number in 2000 to be underlined?
> >
> > Thank you.

Phillip Williams

Can you post the stylesheet attributes that you used for the
PagerStyle-cssClass? I have designed applications that worked on both XP and
Win2K consistently, so my guess is that maybe the cssClass that you used did
not produce the desired outcome.
--
HTH,
Phillip Williams

"ZWeng" wrote:

> Phillip,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> I have already used the stylesheet in the PagerStyle and the 2000 and XP
> still render the page number differently.
>
> I need to use the numericpages as a requirement. I checked your site and
> the custom next and previous seem very nice.
>
> Thank you again for the help.
>
> "Phillip Williams" wrote:
>
> > To get a consistent look for the hyperlinks regardless of the user's default
> > browser settings (which can be different on an XP installation than on an
> > Win2K) assign style sheet value to the PagerStyle-CssClass, or better yet
> > create images to handles the next and previous by implementing custom
> > navigation controls as I demonstrate in this sample on my website:
> > http://www.societopia.net/samples/dataGrid_3c.aspx
> >
> > --
> > HTH,
> > Phillip Williams
> > http://www.societopia.net
> > http://www.webswapp.com
> >

> > "ZWeng" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a datagrid set up working correctly with custom paging of numeric
> > > values. I tested it in WIndows XP and the page numbers are rendered nicely
> > > with the current page number is not clickable and the other page numbers are
> > > underlined in blue color.
> > >
> > > However, in windows 2000, the current page number is not clickable and the
> > > other page numbers are NOT underlined either. So if I visited page 2 and is
> > > back to page 1, it is really hard to tell whether I am on page 1 or 2 as they
> > > are similar in color without underlines at all.
> > >
> > > Why the XP and 2000 render the datagrid page numbers differently and how to
> > > change the page number in 2000 to be underlined?
> > >
> > > Thank you.

ZWeng

Phillip,

Thank you for the help. I figured it is the CSS. I made it working and I
post it here to share with you and others. I used the .linkblue but have to
specify A.link and A:visited as well:

..linkblue
{
font-size: 11px;