Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Unable to Get t

Unable to Get t

John Walker

Hi,
On the postback I am trying to get data from a TextBox control in a
Datagrid. This works fine except when the textbox has been disabled using
JavaScript. Here's the code to reference the control and get the text:

Dim txt As TextBox = CType(dg.Items(iMisc).FindControl("txtCustomer"),
TextBox)
Dim sCustomer As String = txt.Text

txt.Text will be blank if the textbox was disabled. Here's the javascript:

dml[sPrevboxid].disabled=true;

Are we not allowed to use JavaScript to disable datagrid textbox controls if
we want to reference the text on a postback?

Thanks, John