Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > CustomValidator issue -- Maybe better location here to post the following:

Reply
Thread Tools

CustomValidator issue -- Maybe better location here to post the following:

 
 
jmclej@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-19-2005
Here is what I have :


<asp:templatecolumn HeaderText="HrBegin">
<itemtemplate>
<asp:Label id="lblHrBegin" runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "HrBegin") %>' Width="100%">
</asp:label>
</itemtemplate>
<footertemplate>
<asp:textbox id="tbHrBeginInsert" runat="server"
Width="100%"></asp:textbox>
<asp:CustomValidator id="Customvalidator1"
ControlToValidate="tbHrBeginInsert" OnServerValidate="ServerValidation"

Display="None" runat="server"></asp:CustomValidator>
</footertemplate>
<edititemtemplate>
<asp:textbox id="tbHrBegin" runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.HrBegin") %>'
Width="100%"></asp:textbox>
<asp:CustomValidator id="Customvalidator2"
ControlToValidate="tbHrBegin" OnServerValidate="ServerValidation"
Display="None" runat="server"></asp:CustomValidator>
</edititemtemplate>
</asp:templatecolumn>


Code Behind:


void ServerValidation(object source, ServerValidateEventArgs args) {
try
{
Regex r = new
Regex("(([0-1][0-9])|(2[0-3]))[0-5][0-9])[0-5][0-9])"); //Only
allow "02:03:04"
Match m = r.Match(args.Value);
// Test whether the value entered into the text box is in a
correct
hour format.
if (m.Success)
args.IsValid = true;
else
args.IsValid = false;


}


catch(Exception ex)
{
args.IsValid = false;


}
}


I put the ServerValidation() function on the code behind because I
thought that this was the way of doing server-side validation. But it
actually works only if I put this function inside a script block on the

aspx page, which looks like then client-side validation, no? Maybe I
need to add something in the InitializeComponent() method?
But anyway, even like this there is still something that is not good.
It's that I get all the time the same text to be validated, that is the

content of my itemtemplate. What should I do to make ServerValidation()

to test the new data entered in the textbox tbHrBeginInsert or
tbHrBegin?
Thank you very much for your help.
JULIEN

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Phillip Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-19-2005
I tried your code:
1) it works in the codebehind just as fine. You just might needed to
declare the method protected,

2) The reason it validates the same data instead of the entered data is that
you are probably databinding during the page_load. You should databind only
if(!Page.IsPostBack )

Here is my modification of your code:
private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
if(!Page.IsPostBack ) DataGrid_Databind();
}
private void DataGrid_Databind()
{
DataTable dt = new DataTable("Company");
DataRow dr;
dt.Columns.Add( new DataColumn("ID", typeof(Int32)));
dt.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Company", typeof(string)));
dt.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("HrBegin", typeof(string)));
for(int i=1;i<10;i++)
{
dr = dt.NewRow ();
dr[0] = i;
dr[1] = "Company " +i;
dr[2] = System.DateTime.Now.ToShortTimeString ();
dt.Rows.Add (dr);
}
datagrid1.DataSource = dt;
datagrid1.DataBind ();
}

protected void ServerValidation(object source, ServerValidateEventArgs args)
{
try
{
Regex r = new
Regex("(([0-1][0-9])|(2[0-3]))[0-5][0-9])[0-5][0-9])"); //Only allow
"02:03:04"
Match m = r.Match(args.Value);
// Test whether the value entered into the text box is in a correct hour
format.
if (m.Success)
args.IsValid = true;
else
args.IsValid = false;
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
args.IsValid = false;
Response.Write (ex.ToString() );
}
}
--
HTH,
Phillip Williams
http://www.societopia.net
http://www.webswapp.com


"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Here is what I have :
>
>
> <asp:templatecolumn HeaderText="HrBegin">
> <itemtemplate>
> <asp:Label id="lblHrBegin" runat="server" Text='<%#
> DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "HrBegin") %>' Width="100%">
> </asp:label>
> </itemtemplate>
> <footertemplate>
> <asp:textbox id="tbHrBeginInsert" runat="server"
> Width="100%"></asp:textbox>
> <asp:CustomValidator id="Customvalidator1"
> ControlToValidate="tbHrBeginInsert" OnServerValidate="ServerValidation"
>
> Display="None" runat="server"></asp:CustomValidator>
> </footertemplate>
> <edititemtemplate>
> <asp:textbox id="tbHrBegin" runat="server" Text='<%#
> DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.HrBegin") %>'
> Width="100%"></asp:textbox>
> <asp:CustomValidator id="Customvalidator2"
> ControlToValidate="tbHrBegin" OnServerValidate="ServerValidation"
> Display="None" runat="server"></asp:CustomValidator>
> </edititemtemplate>
> </asp:templatecolumn>
>
>
> Code Behind:
>
>
> void ServerValidation(object source, ServerValidateEventArgs args) {
> try
> {
> Regex r = new
> Regex("(([0-1][0-9])|(2[0-3]))[0-5][0-9])[0-5][0-9])"); //Only
> allow "02:03:04"
> Match m = r.Match(args.Value);
> // Test whether the value entered into the text box is in a
> correct
> hour format.
> if (m.Success)
> args.IsValid = true;
> else
> args.IsValid = false;
>
>
> }
>
>
> catch(Exception ex)
> {
> args.IsValid = false;
>
>
> }
> }
>
>
> I put the ServerValidation() function on the code behind because I
> thought that this was the way of doing server-side validation. But it
> actually works only if I put this function inside a script block on the
>
> aspx page, which looks like then client-side validation, no? Maybe I
> need to add something in the InitializeComponent() method?
> But anyway, even like this there is still something that is not good.
> It's that I get all the time the same text to be validated, that is the
>
> content of my itemtemplate. What should I do to make ServerValidation()
>
> to test the new data entered in the textbox tbHrBeginInsert or
> tbHrBegin?
> Thank you very much for your help.
> JULIEN
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
jmclej@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-19-2005
Thanks for your answer Phillip.
It is true that it works better with the method being declared
protected. But still, the footertemplate and edititemtemplate don't
react the same way, and just adding the test on !Page.IsPostBack is not
enough.
I still have places where the validation is not done yet, well and a
lot of post are done to the server which really confuse me.
Maybe to be clearer, I can actually post my all page and see if it
works on your environment if you don't mind too much...?
Thanks for telling me if you have trouble the nor not.
NB : By the way I've found a RegularExpressionValidator aspx component,
it simplifies the code, but it doesn't work better in my code...
JULIEN
So here is TimeZone.aspx:
Code:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="PL" Namespace="Com.Cl.Capricorn.CapriMon.PL"
Assembly="CapriMonASP" %>
<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="TimeZone.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false"
Inherits="Com.Cl.Capricorn.CapriMon.PL.TimeZone" %>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
<html>
<!--#include file="inc/header.inc"-->
<body>
<form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
<!--#include file="inc/titleimage.inc"-->
<!--#include file="inc/sitemenu.inc"-->
<!--#include file="inc/appmenu.inc"-->
<div id="content">
<div id="contentTable">
<asp:datagrid id="TimeZoneDG" runat="server"
AutoGenerateColumns="False" BorderColor="#CC9966"
BorderStyle="Double" BorderWidth="1px" BackColor="White"
CellPadding="4" PageSize="16" AllowSorting="True"
Width="600px" AllowPaging="True">
<footerstyle forecolor="#330099"
backcolor="#FFFFCC"></footerstyle>
<selecteditemstyle font-bold="True" horizontalalign="Center"
forecolor="#663399" backcolor="#FFCC66"></selecteditemstyle>
<edititemstyle horizontalalign="Center" forecolor="#663399"
backcolor="#FFCC66"></edititemstyle>
<alternatingitemstyle horizontalalign="Center"
backcolor="AntiqueWhite"></alternatingitemstyle>
<itemstyle horizontalalign="Center" forecolor="Black"
backcolor="White"></itemstyle>
<headerstyle font-size="Small" horizontalalign="Center"
forecolor="#FFFFCC" backcolor="#990000"></headerstyle>
<columns>
<asp:templatecolumn>
<headertemplate>
<asp:linkbutton Font-Size=10 Font-Bold=True ForeColor=#0033ff
id="btnAddNew" runat="server" CausesValidation="false"
CommandName="Insert" Text="<img border=0
src=images/newxp.gif>"></asp:linkbutton>
</headertemplate>
<itemtemplate>
<asp:linkbutton Font-Size=10 Font-Bold=True ForeColor=#0033ff
id="btnEdit" runat="server" Text="<img border=0
src=images/icon-pencil.gif>" CommandName="Edit"
CausesValidation="false"></asp:linkbutton>
</itemtemplate>
<footertemplate>
<asp:linkbutton Font-Size=10 Font-Bold=True ForeColor=#0033ff
id="btnValidNew" runat="server" CausesValidation="false"
CommandName="CommitInsert"
Text="<img border=0 src=images/icon-floppy.gif><a
name='edit'/>"></asp:linkbutton>
</footertemplate>
<edititemtemplate>
<asp:linkbutton Font-Size=10 Font-Bold=True ForeColor=#0033ff
id="btnValidEdit" runat="server" Text="<img border=0
src=images/icon-floppy.gif><a name='edit'/>"
CommandName="Update"></asp:linkbutton>&nbsp;
<asp:linkbutton Font-Size=10 Font-Bold=True ForeColor=#0033ff
id="btnCancelEdit" runat="server" Text="<img border=0
src=images/icon-pencil-x.gif>"
CommandName="Cancel"
CausesValidation="false"></asp:linkbutton>
</edititemtemplate>
</asp:templatecolumn>
<asp:templatecolumn>
<itemtemplate>
<pl:confirmbutton id="theDeleteButton" runat="server"
CommandName="Delete" Text="<img border=0
src=images/icon-delete.gif>"></pl:confirmbutton>
</itemtemplate>
<footertemplate>
<asp:linkbutton Font-Size=10 Font-Bold=True ForeColor=#0033ff
id="btnCancelNew" runat="server" Text="<img border=0
src=images/icon-pencil-x.gif>"
CommandName="RollbackInsert"></asp:linkbutton>
</footertemplate>
<edititemtemplate>
</edititemtemplate>
</asp:templatecolumn>
<asp:templatecolumn Visible="False" HeaderText="Code">
<itemstyle horizontalalign="Center" width="40px"></itemstyle>
<itemtemplate>
<asp:label id=lblCdTimeZone runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "CdTimeZone") %>' Width="100%">
</asp:label>
</itemtemplate>
<footertemplate>
<asp:textbox id="tbCdTimeZoneInsert" runat="server"
Width="100%"></asp:textbox>
</footertemplate>
</asp:templatecolumn>
<asp:templatecolumn HeaderText="TimeZone">
<itemstyle horizontalalign="Center" width="405px"></itemstyle>
<itemtemplate>
<asp:Label id=lblLbTimeZone runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "LbTimeZone") %>' Width="100%">
</asp:label>
</itemtemplate>
<footertemplate>
<asp:textbox id="tbLbTimeZoneInsert" runat="server"
Width="100%"></asp:textbox>
</footertemplate>
<edititemtemplate>
<asp:textbox id="tbLbTimeZone" runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.LbTimeZone") %>' Width="100%">
</asp:textbox>
</edititemtemplate>
</asp:templatecolumn>
<asp:templatecolumn HeaderText="HrBegin (hh:mm:ss)">
<itemstyle horizontalalign="Center" width="120px"></itemstyle>
<itemtemplate>
<asp:Label id="lblHrBegin" runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "HrBegin") %>' Width="100%">
</asp:label>
</itemtemplate>
<footertemplate>
<asp:textbox id="tbHrBeginInsert" runat="server" Width="100%">
</asp:textbox>
<asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator1"
ControlToValidate="tbHrBeginInsert" Runat="server"
OnServerValidate="ServerValidation">
</asp:CustomValidator>
</footertemplate>
<edititemtemplate>
<asp:textbox id="tbHrBegin" runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.HrBegin") %>' Width="100%">
</asp:textbox>
<asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator2"
ControlToValidate="tbHrBegin" Runat="server"
OnServerValidate="ServerValidation">
</asp:CustomValidator>
</edititemtemplate>
</asp:templatecolumn>
</columns>
<pagerstyle horizontalalign="Center" forecolor="#330099"
backcolor="#FFFFCC" mode="NumericPages"></pagerstyle>
</asp:datagrid>
<!--#include file="inc/copyright.inc"-->
</div>
</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>
And here is the code behind TimeZone.aspx.cs:
Code:
using System;
using System.Collections;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.SessionState;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using Com.Calyon.Capricorn.CapriMon.DAL;
using System.Text.RegularExpressions;

namespace Com.Cl.Capricorn.CapriMon.PL
{
/// <summary>
/// Summary description for TimeZone.
/// </summary>
public class TimeZone : System.Web.UI.Page
{
protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid TimeZoneDG;
private DataSet DSTimeZone;

private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
BindGrid();
}

private void BindGrid()
{
BindGrid(false);
}

private void BindGrid(bool showFooter)
{
if (ViewState["CurrentPageIndex"] != null)
TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex =
System.Int32.Parse(ViewState["CurrentPageIndex"].ToString());
else
TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex = 0;
BindGrid(showFooter, TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex, true);
}

private void BindGrid(int PageIndex)
{
BindGrid(false, PageIndex, true);
}

private void BindGrid(bool showFooter, int PageIndex)
{
BindGrid(showFooter, PageIndex, true);
}

private void BindGrid(bool showFooter, bool reload)
{
if (ViewState["CurrentPageIndex"] != null)
TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex =
System.Int32.Parse(ViewState["CurrentPageIndex"].ToString());
else
TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex = 0;
BindGrid(showFooter, TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex, reload);
}

private void BindGrid(bool showFooter, int PageIndex, bool
reload)/*reload the data from the base*/
{
if (reload)
{
DSTimeZone = DataSetFactory.TimeZoneComplete;//Call a stored
procedure that retrieves a fex row containing CdTimeZone, LbTimeZone,
HrBegin
TimeZoneDG.DataSource = DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView;
}

if (ViewState["Sort"] != null)
DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort = ViewState["Sort"] as
string;

TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex = PageIndex;
ViewState.Add("CurrentPageIndex", TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex);

TimeZoneDG.ShowFooter = showFooter;
TimeZoneDG.DataBind();
}

#region Web Form Designer generated code
override protected void OnInit(EventArgs e)
{
//
// CODEGEN: This call is required by the ASP.NET Web Form Designer.
//
InitializeComponent();
base.OnInit(e);
}

/// <summary>
/// Required method for Designer support - do not modify
/// the contents of this method with the code editor.
/// </summary>
private void InitializeComponent()
{
this.TimeZoneDG.ItemCommand += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_ItemCommand);
this.TimeZoneDG.PageIndexChanged += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridPageChangedEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_PageIndexChanged);
this.TimeZoneDG.CancelCommand += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_CancelCommand);
this.TimeZoneDG.EditCommand += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_EditCommand);
this.TimeZoneDG.SortCommand += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridSortCommandEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_SortCommand);
this.TimeZoneDG.UpdateCommand += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_UpdateCommand);
this.TimeZoneDG.DeleteCommand += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_DeleteCommand);
this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.Page_Load);

}
#endregion

private void TimeZoneDG_EditCommand(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
{
if (Session["Rights"].ToString() ==
Session["AuthorizedKeyword"].ToString())
{
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex;
BindGrid();
}
else
Response.Write("<body><script>alert(\"" + "You are not authorized
to perform this action" + "\");</script></body>");

}

private void TimeZoneDG_CancelCommand(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
{
if (Session["Rights"].ToString() ==
Session["AuthorizedKeyword"].ToString())
{
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = -1;
BindGrid();
}
else
Response.Write("<body><script>alert(\"" + "You are not authorized
to perform this action" + "\");</script></body>");

}

private void TimeZoneDG_UpdateCommand(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
{
if (Page.IsValid)
{
if (Session["Rights"].ToString() ==
Session["AuthorizedKeyword"].ToString())
{
string CdTimeZone =
((Label)e.Item.FindControl("lblCdTimeZone")).Text;
string LbTimeZone =
Page.Request.Form.GetValues(((TextBox)e.Item.FindControl("tbLbTimeZone")).UniqueID)[0];
string HrBegin =
Page.Request.Form.GetValues(((TextBox)e.Item.FindControl("tbHrBegin")).UniqueID)[0];

TimeZoneModifier.Update(CdTimeZone, LbTimeZone, HrBegin);//Call a
stored procedure updating the specified row
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = -1;
BindGrid(TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex);
}
else
Response.Write("<body><script>alert(\"" + "You are not authorized
to perform this action" + "\");</script></body>");
}
else
Response.Write("<body><script>alert(\"" + "The format of your time
must be hh:mm:ss" + "\");</script></body>");

}

private void TimeZoneDG_ItemCommand(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
{
switch (e.CommandName)
{
case "Insert":
if (Session["Rights"].ToString() ==
Session["AuthorizedKeyword"].ToString())
{
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex=-1;
BindGrid(true);
}
else
Response.Write("<body><script>alert(\"" + "You are not authorized
to perform this action" + "\");</script></body>");

break;
case "CommitInsert":
if (Page.IsValid)
{
if (Session["Rights"].ToString() ==
Session["AuthorizedKeyword"].ToString())
{
string LbTimeZone =
Page.Request.Form.GetValues(((TextBox)e.Item.FindControl("tbLbTimeZoneInsert")).UniqueID)[0];
string HrBegin =
Page.Request.Form.GetValues(((TextBox)e.Item.FindControl("tbHrBeginInsert")).UniqueID)[0];
TimeZoneModifier.Insert(LbTimeZone, HrBegin);//Call a stored
procedure inserting the new row
ViewState.Remove("Sort");
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = -1;
BindGrid();
}
else
Response.Write("<body><script>alert(\"" + "You are not
authorized to perform this action" + "\");</script></body>");
}
else
Response.Write("<body><script>alert(\"" + "The format of your
time must be hh:mm:ss" + "\");</script></body>");

break;
default:
break;
}

}

private void TimeZoneDG_SortCommand(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridSortCommandEventArgs e)
{
setSort(e.SortExpression);
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = -1;
BindGrid(false);
}

private void setSort(string sortExpression)
{
if (ViewState["Sort"] != null && (ViewState["Sort"] as
string).StartsWith(sortExpression))
{
if ((ViewState["Sort"] as string).Substring(sortExpression.Length,
4) == " ASC")
DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort = sortExpression + " DESC";
else
DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort = sortExpression + " ASC";
}
else
{
DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort = sortExpression + " ASC";
}
ViewState.Add("Sort", DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort);
}

private void TimeZoneDG_PageIndexChanged(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridPageChangedEventArgs e)
{
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = -1;
BindGrid(false, e.NewPageIndex, false);
}

private void TimeZoneDG_DeleteCommand(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
{
if (Session["Rights"].ToString() ==
Session["AuthorizedKeyword"].ToString())
{
if (ViewState["Sort"] != null)
DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort = ViewState["Sort"] as
string;
string CdTimeZone =
((Label)e.Item.FindControl("lblCdTimeZone")).Text;
TimeZoneModifier.Delete(CdTimeZone);//Call a stored procedure
deleting the specified row
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = -1;
BindGrid();
}
else
Response.Write("<body><script>alert(\"" + "You are not authorized
to perform this action" + "\");</script></body>");

}

protected void ServerValidation(object source,
ServerValidateEventArgs args)
{
try
{
//Regex r = new
Regex("(((([0-1][0-9])|(2[0-3])))|([0-9])):(([0-5][0-9])|([0-9])):(([0-5][0-9])|([0-9]))");
//Should allow "2:3:4"
Regex r = new
Regex("(([0-1][0-9])|(2[0-3])):([0-5][0-9]):([0-5][0-9])"); //Only
allow "02:03:04"

Match m = r.Match(args.Value);

// Test whether the value entered into the text box is in a correct
hour format.
if (m.Success)
args.IsValid = true;
else
args.IsValid = false;
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
args.IsValid = false;
}
}

}
}
 
Reply With Quote
 
Phillip Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-20-2005
Hi Julien,

You are welcome. However, I tried to run the code you posted but it seems
that it has several dependencies on components that are not included. I
could not run it as is. Is it possible to simplify your implementation to a
concept-level code rather than the full implementation, such as it can be
examined in less than half-an-hour? (I cannot afford to spend more than an
hour on one code from the newsgroups)

--
HTH,
Phillip Williams
http://www.societopia.net
http://www.webswapp.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
jmclej@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-20-2005
I understand perfectly that you can't spend all your time on solving
pbs.
So here is a much lighter version of my code, that can be run as is,
which I think should work but doesn't. If you can tell why, it'd be of
course very helpful for me.

The aspx page :
Code:
<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="TimeZone.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="TEST.TimeZone" %>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
<HTML>
<body>
<form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
<asp:datagrid id="TimeZoneDG" runat="server"
AutoGenerateColumns="False" BorderColor="#CC9966" PageSize="16"
BorderWidth="1px" BackColor="White" CellPadding="4"
AllowSorting="True" Width="300px" AllowPaging="True">
<SelectedItemStyle ForeColor="#663399"
BackColor="#FFCC66"></SelectedItemStyle>
<EditItemStyle ForeColor="#663399"
BackColor="#FFCC66"></EditItemStyle>
<AlternatingItemStyle
BackColor="AntiqueWhite"></AlternatingItemStyle>
<ItemStyle ForeColor="Black" BackColor="White"></ItemStyle>
<HeaderStyle ForeColor="#FFFFCC" BackColor="#990000"></HeaderStyle>
<FooterStyle ForeColor="#330099" BackColor="#FFFFCC"></FooterStyle>
<Columns>
<asp:TemplateColumn>
<HeaderTemplate>
<asp:button id="btnAddNew" runat="server"
CausesValidation="false" CommandName="Insert" Text="new"></asp:button>
</HeaderTemplate>
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:button id="btnEdit" runat="server" Text="edit"
CommandName="Edit" CausesValidation="false"></asp:button>
</ItemTemplate>
<FooterTemplate>
<asp:button id="btnValidNew" runat="server"
CausesValidation="false" CommandName="CommitInsert"
Text="valid"></asp:button>
</FooterTemplate>
<EditItemTemplate>
<asp:button id="btnValidEdit" runat="server" Text="update"
CommandName="Update"></asp:button>
<asp:button id="btnCancelEdit" runat="server" Text="cancel edit"
CommandName="Cancel" CausesValidation="false"></asp:button>
</EditItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>
<asp:TemplateColumn>
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Button id="theDeleteButton" runat="server"
CommandName="Delete" Text="delete"></asp:Button>
</ItemTemplate>
<FooterTemplate>
<asp:button id="btnCancelNew" runat="server" Text="rollback"
CommandName="RollbackInsert"></asp:button>
</FooterTemplate>
<EditItemTemplate>
</EditItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>
<asp:TemplateColumn Visible="False" HeaderText="Code">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:label id=lblCdTimeZone runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "CdTimeZone") %>' Width="100%">
</asp:label>
</ItemTemplate>
<FooterTemplate>
<asp:textbox id="tbCdTimeZoneInsert" runat="server"
Width="100%"></asp:textbox>
</FooterTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>
<asp:TemplateColumn SortExpression="LbTimeZone"
HeaderText="TimeZone">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label id=lblLbTimeZone runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "LbTimeZone") %>' Width="100%">
</asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
<FooterTemplate>
<asp:textbox id="tbLbTimeZoneInsert" runat="server"
Width="100%"></asp:textbox>
</FooterTemplate>
<EditItemTemplate>
<asp:textbox id="tbLbTimeZone" runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.LbTimeZone") %>' Width="100%">
</asp:textbox>
</EditItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>
<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="HrBegin (hh:mm:ss)">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label id="lblHrBegin" runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "HrBegin") %>' Width="100%">
</asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
<FooterTemplate>
<asp:textbox id="tbHrBeginInsert" runat="server"
Width="100%"></asp:textbox>
<asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator1"
ControlToValidate="tbHrBeginInsert" Runat="server"
OnServerValidate="ServerValidation"></asp:CustomValidator>
</FooterTemplate>
<EditItemTemplate>
<asp:textbox id="tbHrBegin" runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.HrBegin") %>' Width="100%">
</asp:textbox>
<asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator2"
ControlToValidate="tbHrBegin" Runat="server"
OnServerValidate="ServerValidation"></asp:CustomValidator>
</EditItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>
</Columns>
<PagerStyle ForeColor="#330099" BackColor="#FFFFCC"
Mode="NumericPages"></PagerStyle>
</asp:datagrid>
</form>
</body>
</HTML>
The codebehind:
Code:
using System;
using System.Collections;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.SessionState;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using System.Text.RegularExpressions;


/// <summary>
/// Summary description for TimeZone.
/// </summary>
///
namespace TEST
{
public class TimeZone : System.Web.UI.Page
{
protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid TimeZoneDG;
private DataSet DSTimeZone;

private void TimeZone_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
//If the DataGridCommandEventHandler don't fire try to set either
//Page.EnableViewState or TimeZoneDG.EnableViewState to false...
//TimeZoneDG.EnableViewState = false;
BindGrid();
}

private void BindGrid()
{
BindGrid(false);
}

private void BindGrid(bool showFooter)
{
if (ViewState["CurrentPageIndex"] != null)
TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex =
System.Int32.Parse(ViewState["CurrentPageIndex"].ToString());
else
TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex = 0;
BindGrid(showFooter, TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex, true);
}

private void BindGrid(int PageIndex)
{
BindGrid(false, PageIndex, true);
}

private void BindGrid(bool showFooter, int PageIndex)
{
BindGrid(showFooter, PageIndex, true);
}

private void BindGrid(bool showFooter, bool reload)
{
if (ViewState["CurrentPageIndex"] != null)
TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex =
System.Int32.Parse(ViewState["CurrentPageIndex"].ToString());
else
TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex = 0;
BindGrid(showFooter, TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex, reload);
}

private void BindGrid(bool showFooter, int PageIndex, bool
reload)/*reload the data from the database*/
{
if (reload)
{
DSTimeZone = GetTZDataSet();
TimeZoneDG.DataSource = DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView;
}

if (ViewState["Sort"] != null)
DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort = ViewState["Sort"] as
string;

TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex = PageIndex;
ViewState.Add("CurrentPageIndex", TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex);

TimeZoneDG.ShowFooter = showFooter;
TimeZoneDG.DataBind();
}

private DataSet GetTZDataSet()
{
DataTable TZTable = new DataTable("TZ_TABLE");
DataColumn CdTimeZone = new
DataColumn("CdTimeZone",Type.GetType("System.Int32"));
DataColumn LbTimeZone = new
DataColumn("LbTimeZone",Type.GetType("System.String"));
DataColumn HrBegin = new
DataColumn("HrBegin",Type.GetType("System.String"));
TZTable.Columns.Add(CdTimeZone);
TZTable.Columns.Add(LbTimeZone);
TZTable.Columns.Add(HrBegin);

// Add five items.
DataRow NewRow;
for(int i = 0; i <5; i++)
{
NewRow = TZTable.NewRow();
NewRow["CdTimeZone"] = i;
NewRow["LbTimeZone"] = "Zone " + i;
NewRow["HrBegin"] = "11:11:11";
TZTable.Rows.Add(NewRow);
}

DataSet TZDataSet = new DataSet();
TZDataSet.Tables.Add(TZTable);
TZDataSet.Tables[0].PrimaryKey = new DataColumn[]
{TZDataSet.Tables[0].Columns[0]};

return TZDataSet;
}

private void TimeZoneModifier_Update(int CdTimeZone, string
LbTimeZone, string HrBegin)
{
//Update one row in DSTimeZone
}

private void TimeZoneModifier_Insert(string LbTimeZone, string
HrBegin)
{
//Insert one row in DSTimeZone
}

private void TimeZoneModifier_Delete(int CdTimeZone)
{
//Delete one row in DSTimeZone
}

#region Web Form Designer generated code
override protected void OnInit(EventArgs e)
{
//
// CODEGEN: This call is required by the ASP.NET Web Form Designer.
//
InitializeComponent();
base.OnInit(e);
}


/// <summary>
/// Required method for Designer support - do not modify
/// the contents of this method with the code editor.
/// </summary>
private void InitializeComponent()
{
this.TimeZoneDG.ItemCommand += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_ItemCommand);
this.TimeZoneDG.PageIndexChanged += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridPageChangedEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_PageIndexChanged);
this.TimeZoneDG.CancelCommand += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_CancelCommand);
this.TimeZoneDG.EditCommand += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_EditCommand);
this.TimeZoneDG.SortCommand += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridSortCommandEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_SortCommand);
this.TimeZoneDG.UpdateCommand += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_UpdateCommand);
this.TimeZoneDG.DeleteCommand += new
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHandler(this.TimeZoneDG_DeleteCommand);
this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.TimeZone_Load);

}
#endregion



private void setSort(string sortExpression)
{
if (ViewState["Sort"] != null && (ViewState["Sort"] as
string).StartsWith(sortExpression))
{
if ((ViewState["Sort"] as string).Substring(sortExpression.Length,
4) == " ASC")
DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort = sortExpression + " DESC";
else
DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort = sortExpression + " ASC";
}
else
{
DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort = sortExpression + " ASC";
}
ViewState.Add("Sort", DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort);
}


protected void ServerValidation(object source,
ServerValidateEventArgs args)
{
try
{
Regex r = new
Regex("(([0-1][0-9])|(2[0-3])):([0-5][0-9]):([0-5][0-9])"); //Only
allow "02:03:04" Format
Match m = r.Match(args.Value);
// Test whether the value entered into the text box is in a correct
hour format.
if (m.Success)
args.IsValid = true;
else
args.IsValid = false;
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
args.IsValid = false;
}
}

private void TimeZoneDG_CancelCommand(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
{
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = -1;
BindGrid();
}

private void TimeZoneDG_DeleteCommand(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
{
if (ViewState["Sort"] != null)
DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort = ViewState["Sort"] as
string;
string CdTimeZone =
((Label)e.Item.FindControl("lblCdTimeZone")).Text;
TimeZoneModifier_Delete(Int32.Parse(CdTimeZone));
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = -1;
BindGrid();
}

private void TimeZoneDG_EditCommand(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
{
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex;
BindGrid();
}

private void TimeZoneDG_ItemCommand(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
{
switch (e.CommandName)
{
case "Insert":
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex=-1;
BindGrid(true);
break;
case "CommitInsert":
if (Page.IsValid)
{
string LbTimeZone =
Page.Request.Form.GetValues(((TextBox)e.Item.FindControl("tbLbTimeZoneInsert")).UniqueID)[0];

string HrBegin =
Page.Request.Form.GetValues(((TextBox)e.Item.FindControl("tbHrBeginInsert")).UniqueID)[0];

TimeZoneModifier_Insert(LbTimeZone, HrBegin);
ViewState.Remove("Sort");
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = -1;
BindGrid();
}
else
Response.Write("<body><script>alert(\"" + "The format of your
time must be hh:mm:ss" + "\");</script></body>");
break;
default:
break;
}
}

private void TimeZoneDG_SortCommand(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridSortCommandEventArgs e)
{
setSort(e.SortExpression);
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = -1;
BindGrid(false);
}

private void TimeZoneDG_UpdateCommand(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
{
if (Page.IsValid)
{
string CdTimeZone =
((Label)e.Item.FindControl("lblCdTimeZone")).Text;
string LbTimeZone =
Page.Request.Form.GetValues(((TextBox)e.Item.FindControl("tbLbTimeZone")).UniqueID)[0];

string HrBegin =
Page.Request.Form.GetValues(((TextBox)e.Item.FindControl("tbHrBegin")).UniqueID)[0];

TimeZoneModifier_Update(Int32.Parse(CdTimeZone), LbTimeZone,
HrBegin);
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = -1;
BindGrid(TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex);
}
else
Response.Write("<body><script>alert(\"" + "The format of your time
must be hh:mm:ss" + "\");</script></body>");
}

private void TimeZoneDG_PageIndexChanged(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridPageChangedEventArgs e)
{
TimeZoneDG.EditItemIndex = -1;
BindGrid(false, e.NewPageIndex, false);
}

}
}
 
Reply With Quote
 
Phillip Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-20-2005
Hi Julien,

I cut and paste your code in my project, ran it, nothing happened when I
clicked on the buttons so I went inside the load eventhandler and changed it
to:

private void TimeZone_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
if (!Page.IsPostBack ) BindGrid();
else Page.Validate ();
}


Then the buttons worked. I clicked on edit, typed an entry, clicked update,
got the validation error message, clicked on New, got a new row, typed a new
time, clicked valid, and got the validation message.

Could it be the Page.Validate() that you were missing in your full
implementation?

--
HTH,
Phillip Williams
http://www.societopia.net
http://www.webswapp.com


"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> I understand perfectly that you can't spend all your time on solving
> pbs.
> So here is a much lighter version of my code, that can be run as is,
> which I think should work but doesn't. If you can tell why, it'd be of
> course very helpful for me.
>
> The aspx page :
>
Code:
> <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="TimeZone.aspx.cs"
> AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="TEST.TimeZone" %>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
> <HTML>
> 	<body>
> 		<form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
> 			<asp:datagrid id="TimeZoneDG" runat="server"
> AutoGenerateColumns="False" BorderColor="#CC9966" PageSize="16"
> 				BorderWidth="1px" BackColor="White" CellPadding="4"
> AllowSorting="True" Width="300px" AllowPaging="True">
> 				<SelectedItemStyle ForeColor="#663399"
> BackColor="#FFCC66"></SelectedItemStyle>
> 				<EditItemStyle ForeColor="#663399"
> BackColor="#FFCC66"></EditItemStyle>
> 				<AlternatingItemStyle
> BackColor="AntiqueWhite"></AlternatingItemStyle>
> 				<ItemStyle ForeColor="Black" BackColor="White"></ItemStyle>
> 				<HeaderStyle ForeColor="#FFFFCC" BackColor="#990000"></HeaderStyle>
> 				<FooterStyle ForeColor="#330099" BackColor="#FFFFCC"></FooterStyle>
> 				<Columns>
> 					<asp:TemplateColumn>
> 						<HeaderTemplate>
> 							<asp:button id="btnAddNew" runat="server"
> CausesValidation="false" CommandName="Insert" Text="new"></asp:button>
> 						</HeaderTemplate>
> 						<ItemTemplate>
> 							<asp:button id="btnEdit" runat="server" Text="edit"
> CommandName="Edit" CausesValidation="false"></asp:button>
> 						</ItemTemplate>
> 						<FooterTemplate>
> 							<asp:button id="btnValidNew" runat="server"
> CausesValidation="false" CommandName="CommitInsert"
> 								Text="valid"></asp:button>
> 						</FooterTemplate>
> 						<EditItemTemplate>
> 							<asp:button id="btnValidEdit" runat="server" Text="update"
> CommandName="Update"></asp:button>
> 							<asp:button id="btnCancelEdit" runat="server" Text="cancel edit"
> CommandName="Cancel" CausesValidation="false"></asp:button>
> 						</EditItemTemplate>
> 					</asp:TemplateColumn>
> 					<asp:TemplateColumn>
> 						<ItemTemplate>
> 							<asp:Button id="theDeleteButton" runat="server"
> CommandName="Delete" Text="delete"></asp:Button>
> 						</ItemTemplate>
> 						<FooterTemplate>
> 							<asp:button id="btnCancelNew" runat="server" Text="rollback"
> CommandName="RollbackInsert"></asp:button>
> 						</FooterTemplate>
> 						<EditItemTemplate>
> 						</EditItemTemplate>
> 					</asp:TemplateColumn>
> 					<asp:TemplateColumn Visible="False" HeaderText="Code">
> 						<ItemTemplate>
> 							<asp:label id=lblCdTimeZone runat="server" Text='<%#
> DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "CdTimeZone") %>' Width="100%">
> 							</asp:label>
> 						</ItemTemplate>
> 						<FooterTemplate>
> 							<asp:textbox id="tbCdTimeZoneInsert" runat="server"
> Width="100%"></asp:textbox>
> 						</FooterTemplate>
> 					</asp:TemplateColumn>
> 					<asp:TemplateColumn SortExpression="LbTimeZone"
> HeaderText="TimeZone">
> 						<ItemTemplate>
> 							<asp:Label id=lblLbTimeZone runat="server" Text='<%#
> DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "LbTimeZone") %>' Width="100%">
> 							</asp:Label>
> 						</ItemTemplate>
> 						<FooterTemplate>
> 							<asp:textbox id="tbLbTimeZoneInsert" runat="server"
> Width="100%"></asp:textbox>
> 						</FooterTemplate>
> 						<EditItemTemplate>
> 							<asp:textbox id="tbLbTimeZone" runat="server" Text='<%#
> DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.LbTimeZone") %>' Width="100%">
> 							</asp:textbox>
> 						</EditItemTemplate>
> 					</asp:TemplateColumn>
> 					<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="HrBegin (hh:mm:ss)">
> 						<ItemTemplate>
> 							<asp:Label id="lblHrBegin" runat="server" Text='<%#
> DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "HrBegin") %>' Width="100%">
> 							</asp:Label>
> 						</ItemTemplate>
> 						<FooterTemplate>
> 							<asp:textbox id="tbHrBeginInsert" runat="server"
> Width="100%"></asp:textbox>
> 							<asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator1"
> ControlToValidate="tbHrBeginInsert" Runat="server"
> OnServerValidate="ServerValidation"></asp:CustomValidator>
> 						</FooterTemplate>
> 						<EditItemTemplate>
> 							<asp:textbox id="tbHrBegin" runat="server" Text='<%#
> DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.HrBegin") %>' Width="100%">
> 							</asp:textbox>
> 							<asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator2"
> ControlToValidate="tbHrBegin" Runat="server"
> OnServerValidate="ServerValidation"></asp:CustomValidator>
> 						</EditItemTemplate>
> 					</asp:TemplateColumn>
> 				</Columns>
> 				<PagerStyle ForeColor="#330099" BackColor="#FFFFCC"
> Mode="NumericPages"></PagerStyle>
> 			</asp:datagrid>
> 		</form>
> 	</body>
> </HTML>
>
>
> The codebehind:
> [code]
> using System;
> using System.Collections;
> using System.ComponentModel;
> using System.Data;
> using System.Drawing;
> using System.Web;
> using System.Web.SessionState;
> using System.Web.UI;
> using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
> using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
> using System.Text.RegularExpressions;
>
>
> /// <summary>
> /// Summary description for TimeZone.
> /// </summary>
> ///
> namespace TEST
> {
> public class TimeZone : System.Web.UI.Page
> {
> protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid TimeZoneDG;
> private DataSet DSTimeZone;
>
> private void TimeZone_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
> {
> //If the DataGridCommandEventHandler don't fire try to set either
> //Page.EnableViewState or TimeZoneDG.EnableViewState to false...
> //TimeZoneDG.EnableViewState = false;
> BindGrid();
> }
>
> private void BindGrid()
> {
> BindGrid(false);
> }
>
> private void BindGrid(bool showFooter)
> {
> if (ViewState["CurrentPageIndex"] != null)
> TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex =
> System.Int32.Parse(ViewState["CurrentPageIndex"].ToString());
> else
> TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex = 0;
> BindGrid(showFooter, TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex, true);
> }
>
> private void BindGrid(int PageIndex)
> {
> BindGrid(false, PageIndex, true);
> }
>
> private void BindGrid(bool showFooter, int PageIndex)
> {
> BindGrid(showFooter, PageIndex, true);
> }
>
> private void BindGrid(bool showFooter, bool reload)
> {
> if (ViewState["CurrentPageIndex"] != null)
> TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex =
> System.Int32.Parse(ViewState["CurrentPageIndex"].ToString());
> else
> TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex = 0;
> BindGrid(showFooter, TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex, reload);
> }
>
> private void BindGrid(bool showFooter, int PageIndex, bool
> reload)/*reload the data from the database*/
> {
> if (reload)
> {
> DSTimeZone = GetTZDataSet();
> TimeZoneDG.DataSource = DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView;
> }
>
> if (ViewState["Sort"] != null)
> DSTimeZone.Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort = ViewState["Sort"] as
> string;
>
> TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex = PageIndex;
> ViewState.Add("CurrentPageIndex", TimeZoneDG.CurrentPageIndex);
>
> TimeZoneDG.ShowFooter = showFooter;
> TimeZoneDG.DataBind();
> }
>
> private DataSet GetTZDataSet()
> {
> DataTable TZTable = new DataTable("TZ_TABLE");
> DataColumn CdTimeZone = new
> DataColumn("CdTimeZone",Type.GetType("System.Int32 "));
> DataColumn LbTimeZone = new
> DataColumn("LbTimeZone",Type.GetType("System.Strin g"));
> DataColumn HrBegin = new
> DataColumn("HrBegin",Type.GetType("System.String") );
> TZTable.Columns.Add(CdTimeZone);
> TZTable.Columns.Add(LbTimeZone);
> TZTable.Columns.Add(HrBegin);
>
> // Add five items.
> DataRow NewRow;
> for(int i = 0; i <5; i++)
> {
> NewRow = TZTable.NewRow();
> NewRow["CdTimeZone"] = i;
> NewRow["LbTimeZone"] = "Zone " + i;
> NewRow["HrBegin"] = "11:11:11";
> TZTable.Rows.Add(NewRow);
> }
>
> DataSet TZDataSet = new DataSet();
> TZDataSet.Tables.Add(TZTable);
> TZDataSet.Tables[0].PrimaryKey = new DataColumn[]
> {TZDataSet.Tables[0].Columns[0]};
>
> return TZDataSet;
> }
>
> private void TimeZoneModifier_Update(int CdTimeZone, string
> LbTimeZone, string HrBegin)
> {
> //Update one row in DSTimeZone
> }
>
> private void TimeZoneModifier_Insert(string LbTimeZone, string
> HrBegin)
> {
> //Insert one row in DSTimeZone
> }
>
> private void TimeZoneModifier_Delete(int CdTimeZone)
> {
> //Delete one row in DSTimeZone
> }
>
> #region Web Form Designer generated code
> override protected void OnInit(EventArgs e)
> {
> //
> // CODEGEN: This call is required by the ASP.NET Web Form Designer.
> //
> InitializeComponent();
> base.OnInit(e);
> }
>
>
> /// <summary>
> /// Required method for Designer support - do not modify
> /// the contents of this method with the code editor.
> /// </summary>
> private void InitializeComponent()
> {
> this.TimeZoneDG.ItemCommand += new
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHand ler(this.TimeZoneDG_ItemCommand);
> this.TimeZoneDG.PageIndexChanged += new
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridPageChangedEvent Handler(this.TimeZoneDG_PageIndexChanged);
> this.TimeZoneDG.CancelCommand += new
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHand ler(this.TimeZoneDG_CancelCommand);
> this.TimeZoneDG.EditCommand += new
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHand ler(this.TimeZoneDG_EditCommand);
> this.TimeZoneDG.SortCommand += new
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridSortCommandEvent Handler(this.TimeZoneDG_SortCommand);
> this.TimeZoneDG.UpdateCommand += new
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHand ler(this.TimeZoneDG_UpdateCommand);
> this.TimeZoneDG.DeleteCommand += new
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHand ler(this.TimeZoneDG_DeleteCommand);
> this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.TimeZone_Load);
>
> }
> #endregion
>
>
>
> private void setSort(string sortExpression)
> {
> if (ViewState["Sort"] != null && (ViewState["Sort"] as
> string).StartsWith(sortExpression))

 
Reply With Quote
 
jmclej@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-28-2005
Hey, thanks for your answer!
I have tried it and it makes it work better. But I don't understand why
I should add explicitly the Page.Validate() as the control is supposed
to do the validation already by itself! And there is also the thing
that if you try this code and press the delete button, you'll get an
Page_Validators script problem. So all that is still very fuzzy.. I
have countered the problem by having a normal textbox and then a
function in my code behind that tests the validity of the data
inserted. It's clean but it's a bit a shame that I canot use a control
that is supposed to exactly this... Well if ever you have an idea that
can explain this, I follow the subject so you can still answer anytime.
NB : even with this simple code, it doesn't react the same depending on
if I'm using Firefox or IE...
Cheers,
JULIEN

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maybe it will; maybe it won't iL_weReo Computer Support 7 10-13-2009 08:42 AM
Location, location, location =?Utf-8?B?VHJhY2V5?= Wireless Networking 2 02-17-2007 08:37 PM
Of Intrest ? Maybe Yes, Maybe No Old Gringo Computer Support 0 10-11-2004 01:35 AM
Maybe, just maybe @decorator syntax is ok after all Ville Vainio Python 11 08-10-2004 06:01 PM
Some concepts (Maybe LOL maybe not...) C++ 5 08-18-2003 05:48 PM



Advertisments