Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Access A Problem?

Access A Problem?

Curt Emich

I've tried every possible combination of commands to insert a new record
into an Access table, and it just won't happen. Does anyone know if Access
has problems working with .NET?

Check out this link:

http://www.dotnetextreme.com/code/BasicAdo.asp

This is the simplest code sample I've seen anywhere (book or Internet) to
demonstrate how to insert a new record into an Access table (why finding
such an example was like pulling a rhino's teeth is another issue). I
copied the code almost verbatim (mine was VB instead of C#). No dice.

I've made sure my security settings in the folder containing the Access
database are not "read only", etc. Any other ideas, or is ADO.NET a red
herring? I've noticed that a good many other experienced developers are
having difficulty pulling off something this absurdly simple.

jm

"Curt Emich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've tried every possible combination of commands to insert a new record
> into an Access table, and it just won't happen. Does anyone know if

Access
> has problems working with .NET?
>
> Check out this link:
>
> http://www.dotnetextreme.com/code/BasicAdo.asp
>
> This is the simplest code sample I've seen anywhere (book or Internet) to
> demonstrate how to insert a new record into an Access table (why finding
> such an example was like pulling a rhino's teeth is another issue). I
> copied the code almost verbatim (mine was VB instead of C#). No dice.
>
> I've made sure my security settings in the folder containing the Access
> database are not "read only", etc. Any other ideas, or is ADO.NET a red
> herring? I've noticed that a good many other experienced developers are
> having difficulty pulling off something this absurdly simple.

Sorry if I missed it, but maybe you should post your error.

---

PC Trouble Shooter -->

Curt,

The error will help to determine where the problem is.
When you configure the OledbDataAdatper, it has all the code written inside
the #Region section for Add, Delete, Update.

Mark